What have you done to your mustang today?

ShelbySteve

Reaction score
As of Monday, there's a new sound in my neighborhood...........................

Tuning process is now in progress...............
Love the sound of the hot rods. Have them in mine with borla ATAK’s and idle set at about 850

GlassTop09

Reaction score
As of Monday, there's a new sound in my neighborhood...........................

Tuning process is now in progress...............
FYI.............................

As of this evening she's fully tuned. Final idle speed is now set at 800 RPM (TQ Management controlled the engine w\ these Hot Rod cams much better when set at 800 RPM vs 750 RPM........engine under full HVAC load will now take off easily in 1st gear w\o any APP input just as it did running the Lunati's on the same steep grade hill incline sections I use in all my drive cycle\datalog runs thus good A\B testing).

A little tweaking in the right places can go a long way...............................

Here's the exhaust note cadence at 800 RPM........................

Love the sound of the hot rods. Have them in mine with borla ATAK’s and idle set at about 850
Mine are barking thru a full Pypes Super Bomb Mid Muffler catback exhaust w\ 4" x 14" chrome resonator tips. I almost went w\ a Borla Stinger setup myself until I saw this Pypes setup............reminded me of all the 30" glasspacks w\ 4" x 14" stove pipe chrome tipped exhaust I ran back in my younger E\Tex years on both my cars & truck................was too sentimental to pass it up.

Been great ever since.

yote0

Reaction score
Very nice.

Does that fan resistor differ from the stock one in any way other than just having an extra ground?

rocknrod

Reaction score
Very nice.
Does that fan resistor differ from the stock one in any way other than just having an extra ground?
I guess it would depend on what year your is, it does have heavier wiring. Mine was the old style resistor that looked like an old ceramic coil.
But I did some assembling while I was at it. :)
20240620_133041.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Drove it to work, got gas on the way home, got 12.4 mpg over the last tank which included the dyno runs and a bunch of spirited driving

20240621_131453.jpg

Yesterday, drove the wife's car since I needed to take it in for the state inspection.

20240620_132657.jpg

MrBhp

Reaction score
Now you know I'm not old enough yet to be playing w\ grown men's toys...........................
:)
Argh. I'm too old to play with young men's toys. But.....I can still cut a good light. I've started leaving on the first amber. Lol.

ShelbySteve

Reaction score
Got my hash marks installed today…now just to quit being lazy and retrofit my headlights. No idea why it keeps rotating my photo either lol
IMG_6829.jpeg

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Changed out TR3650 trans fluid today in my Stang (could feel the trans starting to get excessively notchy during shifts lately..........last trans fluid changeout was back in 2021 so 3 yrs......used a bottle of Lucas ATF Trans Fix along w\ 3 qts of Valvoline Mercon V ATF then.......this changeout took all the brunt of me learning & doing my own tuning on both the Lunati VooDoo #21270700 & FRPP Hot Rod cams so I surmised that the fluid had started breaking down from many heat cycles under many heavy WOT hits & drive cycle loads + a 2,000 mi round trip to E\Tex & back last October.......old fluid had the reddish brown hue to it that signifies that it has been overheated 1 too many times at some point\time) & I went w\ all Lucas products on this round (see picture below).

Wanted to try this last time but can't get it locally so I ordered a 6-pack--2 trans changeouts--thru Amazon ahead of time to test it out across my established 37 mi drive cycle route...........by the time I got 1\2 way thru my route, this TR3650 trans was shifting the best it has ever done.......has 176,245+ mi on her so she's most likely getting a little tired in the synchros but otherwise is fine.

Also just to put it out here..........I've tested this myself both ways & what I've found to work the best w\ my TR3650 trans is to fill & spill (the full 3.8 qts) instead of doing the 1\2" below the fill port (3.2 qts).........maybe due to the mileage\wear on her, IDK..........but the operating difference when she's running the full 3.8 qts of fluid is night & day for the better.............but this all-Lucas ATF\ATF additive mix now takes 1st place for me going forward.

This Lucas ATF covers both the GM Dextron III & Ford Mercon ATF fluid specs & is formulated for heavy duty\racing usage, so I'll find out how long it'll hold up in my long mileaged TR3650 trans.............

Looked over the JXBPerformance S197 DS Center Carrier Assembly along w\ the Ford OEM 2-piece DS & trans crossmember shimming while doing the trans fluid changeout...........all is still tight & solid w\ no issues so this is a big win IMHO.

GlassTop09 Go To TR3650 Trans Fluid Mix.JPG

GlassTop09

Reaction score
I wonder if your mix-recipe would play nice in The MT82? I’m about due a change-out, and I’d like to see some improvement.
From what I've seen on the fluid specs for the Gertrag MT-82........I don't think you want to use any ATF\ATF additive product period as this trans uses a dual clutch type of transmission fluid........specifically the XT-11-QDC spec that Ford is using in the Motorcraft fluid spec'd for your MT-82.

I found this on Amazon that you might consider using instead..........

Hope this helps.

crjackson

Reaction score
From what I've seen on the fluid specs for the Gertrag MT-82........I don't think you want to use any ATF\ATF additive product period as this trans uses a dual clutch type of transmission fluid........specifically the XT-11-QDC spec that Ford is using in the Motorcraft fluid spec'd for your MT-82.

I found this on Amazon that you might consider using instead..........

Hope this helps.
Thanks - I’ll look into that. I know that Ben Calimer used to have a special brew he mixes for the MT82. Beyond having one, and driving it, I know very little about it (except that it’s unpopular).

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Thanks - I’ll look into that. I know that Ben Calimer has a special brew he mixes for the MT82. Beyond having one, and driving it, I know very little about it (except that it’s unpopular).

I tried that mix in my '13.
I hated it.
Notchy as all hell.

Amsoil now makes a DCT fluid they recommend for the MT82 transmission.
I plan on installing it next time I do a fluid change in mine.

The price below is Preferred Customer pricing (about $16-$20/yr)

1723510960682.png

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back