What have you done to your mustang today?

GlassTop09

Reaction score
After running some datalogs a couple of weeks back & noted some potential airflow restriction patterns developing in the TQ curve, I checked the K&N air filter I had installed in my 08-09 Ford OEM Bullitt CAI & found that she was pretty dirty (even w\ a dust sock covering it........installed this filter w\ new dust sock back in spring 2020 to replace the OEM Ford Performance Bullitt air filter--discontinued).......had changed color on the inlet side pleating from red to brown thru to the engine side pleating so I now know that the dust socks I had used........even though they did keep a lot of dirt out........also let a lot of the fine dust particles thru it thus gives a somewhat false sense of working..........can see that it's overall better to be able to visually see the filter pleating to judge when to clean them w\o having to pull filter & remove the dust sock.

So, I bought another K&N E-1997 air filter from K&N (OEM 08-09 Ford Bullitt replacement) for quick swap out (w\o installing the dust sock) this morning to then allow for cleaning\reoiling the dirty 1 at my own time\pace. Decided to also pull the K&N panel filter out of my 03 Dodge Ram (been in service since 2006......inlet side was also brown in color, but the engine side still had some red color in the top edges of the filter pleating so have better timing for this 1) & clean\reoil it as well. Since my truck now hardly gets driven very much, I won't need to buy a second filter as this cleaning will most likely last a LONG time.

Sprayed both of them down good w\ K&N Air Filter Cleaner & let them sit for approx 20 mins, then hit them both w\ hi pressure water jetting engine side out........got a LOT of dirt out of both air filters (good ole US 4 Corners area.........) ........had to hit both of them for approx 20 mins each to rinse them cotton pleats back to full white then set them out rest of day to air dry.

Applied K&N Red Filter Oil to the Dodge panel filter 1st (to ensure that I didn't run out of oil on this 1) then the rest of the oil on the Bullitt filter (got approx 2\3 of it done before I ran out.....had a std size K&N Air Filter cleaning\reoiling kit).........but I also have ordered 1 gal jug each of K&N Air Filter Cleaner & K&N Red Filter Oil off Amazon to supplement supplies going forward (I was amazed at just how much oil it takes to properly wick the cotton pleating thruout both sides w\o excess) so I'll finish reoiling the Bullitt air filter once my refills get here. I put it in a small plastic trash bag to seal it up then put inside the K&N box for storage.

Will be running some datalogs on the Stang soon to check to see if the MAF calibration I had to perform for the FRPP Hot Rod cam install (initially found approx 4% more air flow across the board w\ the FRPP Hot Rod cams vs the Lunati VooDoo #21270700 cams) will need to be tweaked..........was too late to do this today (trash pickup.........can't afford to be gone w\ the weather patterns we're having lately--very windy--don't feel like chasing\picking blown trash out of my neighbor's yards from blown over trash bins waiting on pickup) so I'll plan on doing this tomorrow.

crjackson

Reaction score
Definitely one of the options I'm looking into.

Thought about it, but want something I can be harder on and not be afraid of breaking it.
The stock clutch has given me some worries after drag racing the car, I'd leave wondering why does it feel so different. It would take a few days before it would feel ok again. Meanwhile the pedal engagement was off and it would feel lighter if I remember right (it's been a while since I raced the car, the clutch being one of the reasons)

Chatter engaging first and especially reverse, and a whine/squeak engaging first sometimes. Supposedly normal. Don't like it. Wish we went with an OEM '13-'14 GT500 clutch in that car.
Since I don’t want to read ALL the pages that follow your original post just to find out, what clutch did you go with? I just ordered this!

IMG_4550.jpeg

Last edited:

Samos3

Reaction score
New rear shocks today! Just Koni Str.ts, but better than the worn out Str.ts. Thought about moving up to Bilsteins back in the spring, when I put in new fronts, but too many house projects.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Finally got my Stang's interior redone (both front bucket seats & both door panels) last week so now the interior looks as new as it can for a 15+yr old car.
Local upholsterer used a grey stitching in the outer seams of the seat covers that closely matches the trim color of the OEM Ford 08-09 Bullitt shifter boot's outer trim ring & did the same on both door panels.

Seat covers\door panel inserts are custom made from a much better\reinforced leather material than the OEM stuff which matches the OEM patterns & the door panels are guaranteed by upholsterer to not peel off again going forward.

This was 7 yrs in the making as the driver seat back's lower bolster was rubbed thru (had a hole worn into it.......fairly std for a daily driven car w\ 139,433 mi on her when I bought it) & the passenger seat back's lower bolster was starting to rub thru (black was rubbing off). Both door panels had started to peel off, but I made repairs to both door panel inserts (reglued) to keep them in check until now.

Found both front seat's side valance panel's front clip tabs had been broken & wouldn't stay attached to seat frame after I picked the car up (found both front sections of side valance panels had popped out when I got the car home), so I ordered OEM 05-14 GT charcoal black replacement side valance panels for both seats (didn't bother to take this up w\ the upholsterer due to how these side valance panels actually clip into the seat frame......pretty much guaranteed to break at least 1 of them when removing them to redo the covers......especially 15+yr old original ones......the plastic was crumbling between my fingers so I knew this was unavoidable.......) & replaced both side valance panels yesterday (pulled both bucket seats back out to do this......can't be done w\ seats still mounted in the car) to finish all this up.

Seats feel good & will hold me in them MUCH better now when pushing her thru cornering but also has raised my seating position about 1" higher which will take some time to get used to it........or the lower seat cushion to wear in, whichever comes 1st.

Driver Seat.JPG

Driver Side Door Panel.JPG

Front Interior View.JPG

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got my Stang's interior redone (both front bucket seats & both door panels) last week so now the interior looks as new as it can for a 15+yr old car.
Local upholsterer used a grey stitching in the outer seams of the seat covers that closely matches the trim color of the OEM Ford 08-09 Bullitt shifter boot's outer trim ring & did the same on both door panels.

Seat covers\door panel inserts are custom made from a much better\reinforced leather material than the OEM stuff which matches the OEM patterns & the door panels are guaranteed by upholsterer to not peel off again going forward.

This was 7 yrs in the making as the driver seat back's lower bolster was rubbed thru (had a hole worn into it.......fairly std for a daily driven car w\ 139,433 mi on her when I bought it) & the passenger seat back's lower bolster was starting to rub thru (black was rubbing off). Both door panels had started to peel off, but I made repairs to both door panel inserts (reglued) to keep them in check until now.

Found both front seat's side valance panel's front clip tabs had been broken & wouldn't stay attached to seat frame after I picked the car up (found both front sections of side valance panels had popped out when I got the car home), so I ordered OEM 05-14 GT charcoal black replacement side valance panels for both seats (didn't bother to take this up w\ the upholsterer due to how these side valance panels actually clip into the seat frame......pretty much guaranteed to break at least 1 of them when removing them to redo the covers......especially 15+yr old original ones......the plastic was crumbling between my fingers so I knew this was unavoidable.......) & replaced both side valance panels yesterday (pulled both bucket seats back out to do this......can't be done w\ seats still mounted in the car) to finish all this up.

Seats feel good & will hold me in them MUCH better now when pushing her thru cornering but also has raised my seating position about 1" higher which will take some time to get used to it........or the lower seat cushion to wear in, whichever comes 1st.

View attachment 99785

View attachment 99786

View attachment 99787
Those seats look great. Can you PM me? Before I buy new Corbreau seats. Would like to know what sort of budget the seat redo would cost.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Pulled it out of the garage so I could get the mower out.
Mowed.
Took the Mustang for a light 1st-2nd-gear ride around the subdivision, then put it back in the garage.
Gonna rain here for the next few days, so probably not driving it again for a bit.
I've been driving it very little for the last 3-4 months, partly because we've had one of our nieces living with us while she's in-between places to live, and having our 2 daily drivers AND her car in the driveway hasn't made it easy for me to pull out the Mustang and get it back in there at the end of the day. It is what it is, she's due to move out by the end of the month. Probably just in time for rainy season, lol.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Pulled it out of the garage so I could get the mower out.
Mowed.
Took the Mustang for a light 1st-2nd-gear ride around the subdivision, then put it back in the garage.
Gonna rain here for the next few days, so probably not driving it again for a bit.
I've been driving it very little for the last 3-4 months, partly because we've had one of our nieces living with us while she's in-between places to live, and having our 2 daily drivers AND her car in the driveway hasn't made it easy for me to pull out the Mustang and get it back in there at the end of the day. It is what it is, she's due to move out by the end of the month. Probably just in time for rainy season, lol.
I understand the pain. We have 4 extra cars beyond the 3 for my wife and I. Mustang and sons 85 turbo mirage live in the garage

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
I had an addiction to the Dodge GLH. The little mirage he has is a nutty build. Oops. It's an 86....

Samos3

Reaction score
I had an addiction to the Dodge GLH. The little mirage he has is a nutty build. Oops. It's an 86....

I think Dodge had the Colt version, too.

Samos3

Reaction score
They were a little different. The GLH was a 2.2 n/a or 2.2 turbo. Belive the colt was a 1.6 turbo.
Yeah. The Colt was a rebadged Mirage.
Mitsubishi had some curious cars at that time. The Starion I really liked. Even the little cargo van they sold was kind of cool...to me.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back