Whipple S/C installed on a 2008 Shelby GT and CA smog.

Miker

Reaction score
Looking at a 2008 Shelby GT that has had a Whipple since 9000 miles on it. Owner is getting it smog checked today and taking the cert to DMV to get it taken off non opp. He says that it has never failed a smog test and he has owned it in CA since it had 3000 miles on it. It has 96,000 on it now. Seems like a great deal but I am skeptical of the smog issue.
Here is a link. Don't scalp me on this please!

rocknrod

Reaction score
It should have a Whipple and or a Ford Performance EO sticker. That's a California Air Resource Board sticker for the supercharger. Ask him to take a picture of it, should be on the strut tower, maybe next to the door data sticker.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
That blower needs the CARB sticker. Being that it was (hopefully?) non-op’ed every year, that will help but they will still go over it with a fine tooth comb to smog. Let us know if it fails smog.

Miker

Reaction score
Ok it has the EO#. What say the experts? Seems like a great price. It seems to have CA Special package on it. Front and rear bumpers and side scoops. Its a 3.5 hour drive to go look at it. I need to do some research on the CA Special part. I had not seen that on a Shelby GT as far as I can remember. Honestly they have never really appealed to me and I think my Roush looks better but the S/C is a nice touch. And I see a catch can which as I understood was a no go in CA. He did get it smogged today so maybe the shop isn't that picky. My fear would be in 2 years when it is again required.Sheby Whipple EO#.jpgShelby Whipple.jpg

Miker

Reaction score
Yes after some more research I see the bumpers and scoops are correct.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back