Another 15 inch wheel option>?

05GT281

ole' legend lime
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Be carefull with bogarts on the street. I will try to find the picture of my buddies destroyed fox body. Thanks to a folding bogart.And for the record he was doing the speed limit 40 mph when it happened. Bogarts are not street worthy you'll never find a Bogart rep who will say you can street drive them. I said in an earlier post they wouldn't even recomend that I make the 30 mile true street hike with them.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
IMO if I cant drive it on the street then the last thing I what is to be going 130 down the track with it !

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
from the looks of it billet specialties may have released the wheel we have been looking for correct offset to clear brakes but its for an f-body id imagine they could drill a diffrent bolt pattern ???????

I wouldn't hold your breath for Billet Specialties.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nope i just looked at the pdf file the drop center is relocated and will clear but its a f-body bolt pattern ....well that and they 360 a pop

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nope i just looked at the pdf file the drop center is relocated and will clear but its a f-body bolt pattern ....well that and they 360 a pop

Before I bought the Bogarts I was looking into the BS's pretty hard. Unfortunately, they seem to not be interested in tapping the S197 market with a 15" wheel option.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Freak, you are right, judging by the pdf it would work if the right bolt pattern was on it....plus, I just copied that pdf to my autocad and I am playing around a little...hahahah

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lmao here we go round 2 , oh and buckman take this for what it's worth " supposedly " they will be releasing a correct fitment wheel this spring , now with that said so was greg weld last year , yea still no wheel

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got these wheels for Christmas and some 3/8" wheel spacers. http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/67001/10002/-1#

I finally tried them on today, but they don't clear the calipers. They rub just a little. If I get them balanced, the weights will make it worse. I can probably use 1/2" spacers and if the weights interfere, I'll have to grind on the calipers.

Also, no way I'll be able to use the stock studs after using 1/2" spacer.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
joedls, how much do you think you'll have to grind off with the 3/8" spacer...I have heard guys running 1/4" spacers and grinding a little

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
joedls, how much do you think you'll have to grind off with the 3/8" spacer...I have heard guys running 1/4" spacers and grinding a little

Probably like 1/8" without the weights, but once I get the weights on thw wheel, it would probably be more like a 1/4".

cjtenney

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I got these wheels for Christmas and some 3/8" wheel spacers. http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/67001/10002/-1#

I finally tried them on today, but they don't clear the calipers. They rub just a little. If I get them balanced, the weights will make it worse. I can probably use 1/2" spacers and if the weights interfere, I'll have to grind on the calipers.

i tried the same thing last night and got the same results. Alittle grinding of the caliper is all you need. Not much, but Ill probably do more than I need to just in case. One question though... When you put the rim on, what lugnuts did you use? I used the stock lugnuts and they were a tight squeeze and had some threads, but I dont know if it felt like enough threads to be able to do 110 in the 1/4 and trust them holding...I really dont want to switch the lugstuds out unless I have to bc then it will look retarded with open lugnuts on my street wheels (FR500 18x9, 18x10). Comments??

black05stxjt

forum member
Reaction score

i had no issues with with with the 3/8 spacer maybe because its a 05? dunno will have a 15x8 with 5.5 BS today for test fit.

black05stxjt

forum member
Reaction score
i tried the same thing last night and got the same results. Alittle grinding of the caliper is all you need. Not much, but Ill probably do more than I need to just in case. One question though... When you put the rim on, what lugnuts did you use? I used the stock lugnuts and they were a tight squeeze and had some threads, but I dont know if it felt like enough threads to be able to do 110 in the 1/4 and trust them holding...I really dont want to switch the lugstuds out unless I have to bc then it will look retarded with open lugnuts on my street wheels (FR500 18x9, 18x10). Comments??

Ive had mine well over 120+ with no issues

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

look at the other wheel thread don runs either 3" or 3.5" and has closed lugs even posted the summit link .....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back