initial start up vid. need help

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
after trying to start it I opened the fuel line at the rail to check for pressure then cycled the key and tryed to start again..... same outcome

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Check fuel and spark. This happened to me and my timing chain was off by 1. Pull your plugs

TheBOSS

I ride the short bus!
Reaction score
Sounds like a timing issue

I'm no "mechanic" but thats what it sounds like to me, All we need to do is turn the distributor a little and she's good!!:thumb:
Shawn knows 100% that the dots on the gears and the dark links in the chains were lined up....he helped Larry H install all the front parts of the motor....so I don't know???

Is it possible for the tune to be off? It was an email tune from the tuner that will do the final tune on the car...

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a timing issue to me as well.

I'm no "mechanic" but thats what it sounds like to me, All we need to do is turn the distributor a little and she's good!!:thumb:
Uh... good luck with that.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
return it to stock and it should start either way. bad tune or not. I've been through this before and it sounded like a timing problem.

Timing chain can jump when started or if you arent careful it can jump if you let the cams turn too fast.

TheBOSS

I ride the short bus!
Reaction score
Just got another tune from the tuner.... He didn't tune for the VCT lockouts...?? We'll see in about 30 seconds!!

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you have spark and fuel its time to take the timing cover off and redo it

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pull your plugs

Dex, I pulled a couple of plugs and there was a little bit of fuel at the end of one with a little bit of black, not much of anything really? The new tune did not work, didnt change anything. When we put the timeing chains on he pressurized the tensioners so I cant see how anything should have moved? Im at a fucking loss at the moment!

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I had the timing issue with mine it turned brand new plugs black with a couple try's.

The chains CAN jump.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We have been trying like hell for the past half hour just pulled another plug to check for spark and the plug looked brand new. We turned the lights off, pulled a plug and left the coil pack hooked up to it and then turned the motor over to check spark. It had spark but Im not sure what its supposed to look like, it wasnt like my neighbors christmas lights or anything.....

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if you see a spark then thats enough. You could try switching the plugs.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if you see a spark then thats enough. You could try switching the plugs.

Plugs are new, gapped at .032 but I've tried to start it at least ten times and the plugs are still clean!?..... Unfortunately, we might need to pull shit off the front of the motor and check the timing.....I know it "WAS" right but it could have jumped.:kill:

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
can you datalog?? the plugs come out dry?? do you have a LED test light? so you can test to see if the injectors are being triggered? or you can put a long handled screw driver on them and put it to your ear to see if you hear the clicking.. if you were able to datalog you'd also be able to see if the cams were off. at least with the WDS/IDS.. (ford scan tool)

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
dont know how to datalog but I have a test light. Gonna have to check that. thanks, im open for anything at the moment!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back