BMR's CB004 Chassis Brace/Radiator Support 2005-2010 Fitment

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
For quite a while now I have been curious to know if BMR's new CB004 Chassis Brace/Radiator Support would fit my 2005 S197. I am currently using BMR's KM011 K-member (1/2" Lowered Motor Mounts with Standard Rack Mounts) and RS002 Radiator Support. The RS002 won't accomodate the new CB004 Chassis Brace/Radiator Support as it doesn't have Front Sway Bar (which I don't use) or Chassis Brace/Radiator Support mounting points. Then I ran across this thread and this post

So after discussing my concerns with Kelly @ BMR, I went ahead and swapped out the existing RS002 Radiator Support with the new RS003 Radiator Support (which does have the Front Sway Bar and Chassis Brace/Radiator Support mounts) using 2 new lower radiator isolators (OEM part# XW4Z-8124-AA).

I was pleased to find the CB004 Chassis Brace/Radiator Support fits perfectly (when combined with the RS003 Radiator Support and KM011 K-member) in the 2005 S197. Absolutely no fitment issues.

I was able to install the new RS003 & CB004 in less than 1 hour. Couldn't be happier with the results. Here's a few pictures of the finished product:

PS: Notice the open access to the oil filter and harmonic balancer. Also no interference issues with the power steering hoses.
DSCN0188_zps757b8c1e.jpg

DSCN0189_zps79cd7e76.jpg

DSCN0190_zps09bc7d9b.jpg

DSCN0191_zps838327d6.jpg

For those of you wanting to retain the OEM lower splash shield, as I do, this is a very easy modification. Merely trim the lower splash shield to fit around the Chassis Brace/Radiator Support mounting points, drill (2) additional 3/16" holes and secure the splash shield to the Radiator Support using (3) 8" tie straps.
DSCN0192_zpse4526c32.jpg

DSCN0194_zps0d390796.jpg

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
AWESOME. I love it, sir.

Thanks for stopping by yesterday.

So, at this time....the only part that is on your car, that is not BMR is the front DS Loop. Well, it appears I need to do some sweet talking, so we can set you up with that piece, as we spoke about.

Anywhoo....thank you for making this post. I am very happy to know that the parts fit perfect, especially considering the fact that our biggest concern, and reason it took so long to actually finalize/release this component, was ensuring that both the RS003 and the CB004 would easily install onto our customers cars who have been running our parts for a long time, such as you/yours.

I also love the hardware you chose. Attention to detail, my friend.

I hope you enjoy the new parts Todd, and if you have any concerns to share....you know where I am good sir.

Enjoy!

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Thanks Kelly

as soon as BMR offers a redesigned front DSL I'm in!!

The only other item BMR offers that I'm not using is your A-Arm Support Brace - doesn't fit with my Canton pan

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Thanks Kelly

as soon as BMR offers a redesigned front DSL I'm in!!

The only other item BMR offers that I'm not using is your A-Arm brace - doesn't fit with my Canton pan

Will the A arm brace fit with the Moroso oil pan? Or any other extra capacity pan?

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Will the A arm brace fit with the Moroso oil pan? Or any other extra capacity pan?

I don't know...

The Canton pan I have doesn't interfere with the A-Arm Support Brace but because the drain plug comes out of the rear of the pan, you can't remove the drain plug with the A-Arm Support Brace installed. Some of the Moroso pans I've seen have the drain plug on the side of the sump - that may allow the Moroso pan to work with the A-Arm Support Brace

someone that has the Moroso pan will have to answer that one

100_2373.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back