Buyer beware!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Any of you guys thinking of ordering any parts from Diversified Products Marketing Inc., DBA (Doing Business As) www.BuyFordRacing.com, beware.

I placed an order on their GT500 Brembo brake kit, and that was last Thursday. I sent them this email yesterday:

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 10:39:00 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Question about order.

I placed an order through you guys for a set of the GT500 Brembo brakes for an 05 Mustang GT, and that was last thursday, and I still havent recieved them.(Added note:I realize it was Thanksgiving, and that they would not be shipped out until Friday, at the earliest, which by the email that I recieved Firday, it said that it was shipped on Friday, and that isn't a problem.)

But I was just wondering what was up, if it got delayed with the shipper... or if I can retrieve some sort of tracking info at all... UPS usually gets ground packages delivered in 3-4 days, and it's been 5 working days since the order. I was just wondering if you guys could help me out

Name: Kevin Miracle
Email: [email protected]
Order #: XXXX

Here's their reply:

------Original Message------
Sent: Wed 12/02/2009 08:51
Subject: Re: Question about order.

Well lets see how this goes. By your own email you placed the order on Thanksgiving Day which by all accounts is pretty much a national holiday. The next day is Friday which UPS does not make any pick ups or deliveries. The same goes for the next two days ( Saturday and Sunday ). That explains 4 of the 6 days since you placed your order. Tomorrow when you receive your order it will have been 7 calendar days since you placed the order, 3 of which were actual working days. Considering you are 1200-1500 miles away I would consider that to be pretty good service. For you to have expected to have it already after 2 working days might be just a little overly hopeful.

My reply to that:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 11:13:05 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: RE: Re: Question about order.

Well, sorry to inconvinenience you you a simple, easy question like this, but since you wanna get all bitchy about it, lets take a looky see here...

accordng to an email i recieved from you guys, last FRIDAY, the order I placed was SHIPPED, ie... Sent out, on FRIDAY last week. Granted, UPS is lazy, and doesnt work on saturday or sundays... Understandable... No big deal.

I wasnt being hostile in asking something as simple as, 'you think i could get some tracking info or something... Im just curious'. but im sure all the other mustang guys on the forums would love to hear how shitty you guys' customer service is.

Word of mouth can either be your greatest advertisement, or your biggest liability.

never expect me to order anything else from you guys. I'm sorry that spending more than 1,300 dollars in less than 2 months through you guys wasnt enough to get some decent customer service.

And their reply:

------Original Message------
Sent: Wed 12/02/2009 09:32
Subject: Re: Question about order.

You bought and paid for customer good customer service. We have provided that. In 24 years we haven't kissed anyones ass. What would make you think you'd be the first? Make sure you tell the UPS guy that carries that 88Lb box up to your door tomorrow that you think he's lazy.

And my final reply:

What made you think iwanted, or even asked for anyone to give me a special
treatment? Al i wanted was a little information... Im sorry you are having a bad
day, but dont take it out on paying customers man... Theres no need for that.

you came off as pissed off and angry becuase i was simply asking a question. i
realize it was thanksgiving when i placed the order. Thats not my problem. It
never was a problem for me, just a mere curiosity.

But again, dont expect any more business from me, and if i can help it, the
people within my spear of influence because of this little bulligerent incident.

Have a nice day.

So beware of some crappy interaction/Customer Service with these guys, if you ever decide to order from them, and you need help with something.

Last edited:

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WOW, that's fucked up. Definitely won't be doing business with them, they act they are the only ones who sell parts.

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Done lots of business with them and never had a problem. Not saying that this is exceptable behavior by the vendor just say'in that I have never had a problem.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Just sent them another one...

Want to get pissy with me? That's fineFrom:[email protected]:[email protected]:Thu, Dec 3, 2009 5:51 pm

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25349
http://www.tennspeed.net/forums/showthread.php?p=349266#post349266

Thanks for the GREAT!!! customer interaction the other day.

And um... for the record, I still haven't received my parts either. If they don't come tomorrow, I will file a complaint with the BBB and my bank, so I can get my money back to spend somewhere else, unless I get a tracking number, as I requested the other day.

Have a good day.

Honestly don't think I am out of line here. Just looking out for myself.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Done lots of business with them and never had a problem. Not saying that this is exceptable behavior by the vendor just say'in that I have never had a problem.

And I have heard that many times, from many close friends, which is why I chose to go with them, despite being about the only place I could get the brakes from.

I just don't appreciate the way the Cus. Svc. Rep. handled it, that's all.

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
While I understand their being unprofessional in their reply, IMHO you should hold off on criticizing them other than customer service until you received the product. A little patience goes a long way.

edit.
Just saw your recent post and have to say that his response was totally inappropriate. Maybe you should file a complaint against his boss (assuming he isn't the boss)...

Last edited:

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
While I understand their being unprofessional in their reply, IMHO you should hold off on criticizing them other than customer service until you received the product. A little patience goes a long way.

edit.
Just saw your recent post and have to say that his response was totally inappropriate. Maybe you should file a complaint against his boss (assuming he isn't the boss)...

Yeah I know... I have their phone number from the BBB website, and their rating is an A-, so there have been a few complaints. So I plan on calling and talking to someone other than whoever it was that I have been talking to.

And like I mentioned, I don't think what I'm doing is out of line... just looking out for myself, and maybe others who have had, or may have issues with them. Other than this incident, I don't have an issue at all. All I asked for was a simple tracking number, or at LEAST a little info, ya know.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
i know a company you could spend your $1300 at and we would be more than happy to take care of you.

i agree with you. he should have never replied the way he did. you have the right idea about calling the BBB. and i take it you still havent received a tracking number?

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
i know a company you could spend your $1300 at and we would be more than happy to take care of you.

i agree with you. he should have never replied the way he did. you have the right idea about calling the BBB. and i take it you still havent received a tracking number?

I haven't received a tracking number, OR the package, as he said I would receive it today.

Latemodel Resto sell the GT500 brakes?

Mr.CuBaN

forum member
Reaction score
WHAT AN ASS i hope THAT GUY GET FIRE AND STAYS HOMELESS UNDER A BRIDGE LOL SO FUCKEN RUDE I'LL NEVER BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!

NEVER BUY FROM THEM I HOPE HE SEES, HE MADE A MISTAKE BEEN SO RUDE WHEN YOU JUST WANTED SOME INFO ON YOUR ORDER

YOU SHOULD CALL HIS BOOS AND SEND HIM THROW FAX HOW RUDE HE WAS!

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
His responce to you was totally out of line. I will not purchase from them in the future:chainsaw:

05xgt

Reaction score
What ever happened to the saying "The customer wheather right or wrong is always right"? Customer service is 50% if not more of a buis. It can make you or break you. I don't asking for a tracking # s too much to ask for, especially in todays age of scammers. JM $.02 worth.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
facepalm.jpg

Re: Want to get pissy with me? That's fineFrom:[email protected]:[email protected]:Thu, Dec 3, 2009 8:07 pm

Maybe somebody should be there when the lazy UPS driver carries the 88 lb box up the steps and requires a signature.

I really, REALLY don't want to humor you with a response here... but fuck it...

Someone HAS BEEN HERE ALL DAY, and I got home at 430. CAN I GET A TRACKING NUMBER, SO AT LEAST IF YOU ARE RIGHT, I CAN GO AND PICK UP MY $1,000 BRAKES FOR MY CAR?

And just so you know... my house has no steps. I really hope you have made yourself happy here man... I really do. Because in the process you have REALLY pissed me off to no end, almost to the point of sending your parts back to you, getting my money back, and going somewhere else that will treat me with at LEAST, AT LEAST a LITTLE respect.

I hope you don't treat all your paying customers like this.

The latest. I'm really getting pissed off here.

buyfordracing

Reaction score
Here is his actual first question. It varies a little from the version he posted.
I placed an order through you guys for a set of the GT500 Brembo brakes for an 05 Mustang GT, and that was last thursday, and I still havent recieved them. I was just wondering what was up, if it got delayed with the shipper... or if I can retrieve some sort of tracking info at all...
He doesn't say anything about it being Thanksgiving. This was 9am Wednesday morning meaning he expected it Tuesday.
12/03/2009 Shipped To: KEVIN MIRACLE
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, US 80913 Shipped/Billed On: 11/27/2009 Reference Number(s): 2300S Type: Package Service: GROUND Special Instructions: SIGNATURE REQUIRED Weight: 88.00 Lbs Need to send e-mail notifications?

Use UPS Quantum View Notify® to send delivery or exception notifications.
E-mail Notifications

LocationDateLocal TimeDescription
1.gif
What's This?COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, US 12/03/20097:45 A.M.OUT FOR DELIVERY COMMERCE CITY, CO, US 12/03/20095:09 A.M.DEPARTURE SCAN COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, US 12/03/20094:33 A.M.ARRIVAL SCAN COMMERCE CITY, CO, US 12/02/20098:40 P.M.ARRIVAL SCAN HODGKINS, IL, US 12/01/20099:32 A.M.DEPARTURE SCAN 12/01/20097:09 A.M.FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY 12/01/20096:06 A.M.ARRIVAL SCAN LIVONIA, MI, US 12/01/200912:58 A.M.DEPARTURE SCAN LIVONIA, MI, US 11/30/200910:31 P.M.ORIGIN SCAN US 11/27/20093:39 P.M.BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Here's the UPS information showing it was out for delivery today.
really, REALLY don't want to humor you with a response here... but fuck it...

Someone HAS BEEN HERE ALL DAY, and I got home at 430. CAN I GET A TRACKING NUMBER, SO AT LEAST IF YOU ARE RIGHT, I CAN GO AND PICK UP MY $1,000 BRAKES FOR MY CAR?

And just so you know... my house has no steps. I really hope you have made yourself happy here man... I really do. Because in the process you have REALLY pissed me off to no end, almost to the point of sending your parts back to you, getting my money back, and going somewhere else that will treat me with at LEAST, AT LEAST a LITTLE respect.
This is his latest email. Showing his true colors.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
So where is my tracking number that I asked for, POLITELY I may add, two days ago? That would have prevented ALL of this... I wouldn't have bothered with it all. And in posting the tracking INFORMATION... you STILL FAILED at letting me have a TRACKING NUMBER which is what all of this is about anyways.

The only thing I asked for in my original email, calmly and not with a BIT of a sense of hostility, was a simple, "Yeah, it shipped out Friday, but due to the holiday, should be getting there Thursday or Friday."

But no... you had to go and act like a total douche to a customer, that asked a simple question.

Did I say in my email that, "I'm pissed the fuck off, because my brakes didn't come in today... I want my money back!!!"? No, I didn't. I simply asked (after previously acknowledging that I ordered it on thanksgiving) for a little help...a little information. That's it. Nothing more nothing less.

And why did you tell me that UPS doesn't ship or pick up on Fridays, when I got the "Your parts have been shipped" in my email inbox on a FRIDAY!?

Trying to out me? Bullshit. You are more wrong than I am asshole. You better hope that if and when I call tomorrow, you aren't the douchebag I get on the phone.

Last edited:

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He doesn't have to say anything about it being Thanksgiving you dickweed. His email was polite and simple. He simply wanted tracking for the shipment. After that, with your responses, you get what you get. He is right on for being pissy with your fucked up attitude.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Here is his actual first question. It varies a little from the version he posted.
I placed an order through you guys for a set of the GT500 Brembo brakes for an 05 Mustang GT, and that was last thursday, and I still havent recieved them. I was just wondering what was up, if it got delayed with the shipper... or if I can retrieve some sort of tracking info at all...
He doesn't say anything about it being Thanksgiving. This was 9am Wednesday morning meaning he expected it Tuesday.
12/03/2009 Shipped To: KEVIN MIRACLE
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, US 80913 Shipped/Billed On: 11/27/2009 Reference Number(s): 2300S Type: Package Service: GROUND Special Instructions: SIGNATURE REQUIRED Weight: 88.00 Lbs Need to send e-mail notifications?

Use UPS Quantum View Notify® to send delivery or exception notifications.
E-mail Notifications

LocationDateLocal TimeDescription
1.gif
What's This?COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, US 12/03/20097:45 A.M.OUT FOR DELIVERY COMMERCE CITY, CO, US 12/03/20095:09 A.M.DEPARTURE SCAN COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, US 12/03/20094:33 A.M.ARRIVAL SCAN COMMERCE CITY, CO, US 12/02/20098:40 P.M.ARRIVAL SCAN HODGKINS, IL, US 12/01/20099:32 A.M.DEPARTURE SCAN 12/01/20097:09 A.M.FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY 12/01/20096:06 A.M.ARRIVAL SCAN LIVONIA, MI, US 12/01/200912:58 A.M.DEPARTURE SCAN LIVONIA, MI, US 11/30/200910:31 P.M.ORIGIN SCAN US 11/27/20093:39 P.M.BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Here's the UPS information showing it was out for delivery today.
really, REALLY don't want to humor you with a response here... but fuck it...

This is his latest email. Showing his true colors.

Ford Racing, Service is # 1 . Has nothing to do with "Kissing ass". IMHO your first response should have been nothing more then "sorry for the delay here is your shipping number". Who ever wrote the first reply let there attitude show through in the reply.Not really the way to win over customers.

buyfordracing

Reaction score
With all of his friends here we wouldn't have been able to kiss his ass if we were so inclined. There was no delay in the shipment. People who can do actually do things. The rest of you just like to pretend you have actually done something. Have fun consoling each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back