First Look: Whipple 2.3L W140ax for the 2011 5.0L Mustang GT

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
We've got some exclusive info about the all new Whipple Supercharger kits for the 2011 5.0L Mustang GT. How about 600hp? That's right. The new 5.0L 4V motor for the 2011 GT rated at 412hp will soon have the ability to make 600hp. Thanks to our good friends at Whipple for making this possible with their W140ax 2.3L supercharger kit. The kit for the 2011 GT will be offered with a 5" air-to-water intercooler and massive "Crusher" style inlet system which was designed to minimize restriction and maximize airflow. The Crusher inlet for the 5.0L is almost identical in size to what Whipple currently offers for their 2.9L GT500 kit. The 5.0L should make around 600hp @ 7psi which is the maximum boost level recommended for pump gas applications. Kits will be available in black or polished as well as complete kits with fuel system and tuning or tuner kits without fuel system and tuning. Be sure to stay posted as Lethal Performance will indeed be getting one of the first kits made to sport on our soon to be built Grabber Blue 2011 GT.

Here's a few spy pics never seen before of the 2011 5.0L Mustang Whipple 2.3L supercharger.

IMG00102-20100329-1425.jpg

IMG00103-20100329-1426.jpg

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
Wow...that is awesome! This car is going to be making some sick power, and fast.

BSell

forum member
Reaction score
600hp at the wheels?! What's it do to the torque?

Uh, how much rear tire will fit under the 2011s? I can't imagine trying to get this kind of power to the street...

LASO

forum member
Reaction score

Uh, how much rear tire will fit under the 2011s? I can't imagine trying to get this kind of power to the street...

Highly doubt it's to the wheels.

blown05gt

Reaction score
i will be really surprised in all honesty to see any of the 5.0's boosted lasting very long on the stock motor being that they are 11to1 compression and they have extremely weak rods to save on weight... everything i have read says that they will not be boost friendly but i am anxious to see......
carlos

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score

Getting 600 hp to the ground in an '11 is no different a game than it has been since '05 in every other S197 with 600 hp. Same basic suspension, same tire clearance.

As for this kit, and the power potential, I think this is just the beginning.

Last edited:

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
i will be really surprised in all honesty to see any of the 5.0's boosted lasting very long on the stock motor being that they are 11to1 compression and they have extremely weak rods to save on weight... everything i have read says that they will not be boost friendly but i am anxious to see......
carlos

The rods in the '11 are stronger than the rods in the 3v. So why can't they take 7psi?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
carlos
Extremely weak rods? And not boost friendly? You've been reading the wrong shit then.

The rods are stronger/better than the 3V rods. And an 11:1 motor that can run on 87 octane n/a and pump, can certainly run on 7 lbs of boost and pump.

But I'm sure you know that if you've read up on them already.

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
It's funny people told me my stock 2v couldn't handle 13psi and it was a time bomb. Yet it made over 100 6000 rpm launches at the track and made over 500rwhp for over 5 yrs. Stock components are better than you think.

LASO

forum member
Reaction score
It's funny people told me my stock 2v couldn't handle 13psi and it was a time bomb. Yet it made over 100 6000 rpm launches at the track and made over 500rwhp for over 5 yrs. Stock components are better than you think.

Not everyone has the same results so just because it worked for you doesnt mean it will work for everyone. Too many variables to say xxx power is "safe" on a stock short block.

My point is that anytime you thorw a blower on a stock bottom end your rolling the dice.

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Is that the same Whipple that is on the GT350?

This is not the same kit.. The GT350 uses a different intake and plenum then this one does.

Jared

600 flywheel hp. Not sure about tq. As soon as I have more info I'll update the thread.

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
Jared, when are you expecting delivery on your car and where did you order it from?

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
Not everyone has the same results so just because it worked for you doesnt mean it will work for everyone. Too many variables to say xxx power is "safe" on a stock short block.

My point is that anytime you thorw a blower on a stock bottom end your rolling the dice.

And my point is stock componets are stronger than you think. It's all about the tune.

I've seen just as many people grenade built motors as I have stock stuff.

bolivianpimp

Reaction score
Damn these are good news for all stangs. I cant wait to see a boosted 5.0 and see how they hold up with boost and other mods. Might have to pick me up a grabber blue 5.0!

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
So about 510rwhp on 7 PSI? Nice!!! Not as much as the Camaro lb vs lb of boost but I'm still impressed.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back