The Carnage

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here's what's left of the motor from the E85 Beast. A new short block will be needed at least. L&M has to rip into the heads to make sure they are ok, they believe that they are but there are metal particles in the oil so they need inspection and review.

Crank is cracked,oil pump shattered, rods are heat warped, bearings are fused to crank, pistons are scored, and cyl walls scored.

P1013481.jpg

P1013485.jpg

P1013482.jpg

P1013483.jpg

P1013479.jpg

P1013487.jpg

P1013488.jpg

P1013486.jpg

Last edited:

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Oh shit, sorry to see all that. I saw the thread title and the poster, and I feared the worst. OP, I think your bad luck might just rival mine now.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes....the rev limiter is NOT your friend. You didn't half-ass that breakage did you? Now....spring for the aluminum block. :evillaugh:

smoken1986

forum member
Reaction score
Sometimes....the rev limiter is NOT your friend. You didn't half-ass that breakage did you? Now....spring for the aluminum block. :evillaugh:

I dont think he did any of the break in. The other owner had already been running it pretty hard down the track.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Just read the other thread. That really blows, I cant believe someone would spend so much money to make so much power just to throw a fucking OEM oil pump in it. Spend probably $30k on modding the shit out of it but pass on a extra few hundred for a heavy duty oil pump.
I would go find the dude who sold it to you and punch him in the face for being stupid.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn it, bro.

you aint kidding

how the shit did that happen? Didn't you JUST get this thing?

what happend?

banged the limiter at WOT, jumped out and back in.... and all hell seems to have broken loose

Another oil pump failure ?

There was a thread about the oil pump failing not too long ago.

Man that sucks, can't believe how bad the carnage is.

Not only the pump failed.. the crank is cracked
Oh shit, sorry to see all that. I saw the thread title and the poster, and I feared the worst. OP, I think your bad luck might just rival mine now.

thanks man

fucking A... the alum block is what a 2k premium?

That just plain sucks ass.. Are you building a high hp motor for it?

it was a high HP motor... car made 855 on street tune

I dont think he did any of the break in. The other owner had already been running it pretty hard down the track.

the motor was broken in for 1000 miles IIRC before final tuning on E85

I'm well aware of what went down, Slick.

are you now?

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jesus H. Christ..Damn man...

Are you going to get any help on this seeing as you just bought it?

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
fucking A... the alum block is what a 2k premium?
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11934

2011 Aluminum 5.4 Production GT500 block = $2499 :naughty1:

Then again......the "Ironomater" (I guess you could call it that) iron GT500 shortblock with a steel crank, forged H-beams, and forged pistons is only $3499. Looks like a damn good route to go with this thing.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=10468

are you now?
Yup...you said it hit the rev limiter, you pedaled it, and it went to shit. I said, "Oil pump is shit now." You said, "Oh shit, wonder what else it hurt?" I said, "Lots of stuff."

Pretty much sums it up as I recall the PMs and emails.

Last edited:

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
damn, i know you posted that something popped on it but i didnt think it was that bad, esp for a CI 5.4 block and internals.....holy shit, sorry to hear/see dave..... hope the re-build is smoother then the purchase :beerdrink:

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:lol: from who.....

I dunno..But it just felt right saying it...lol...So, no help from seller is what your saying..Damn, they/he/she could at least buy you lunch or something..Or a case of beer to get really drunk on..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back