non myColor cluster to myColor cluster

esworld05

GHR
Reaction score
I've read where some people say to not touch the needles due to calibration I suppose. I wonder what the actual issue is behind it. I might look for some different colored needles, I like how the GT500 cluster can be changed different colors.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You just have to make sure the stepper motor stem (part the needle connects to) is at absolute zero then gently push the needles on. I actually took a picture of the last one I did prior to disassembly for reference.

RH

3Vcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Message center buttons

There's a used cluster on the forums for $250 I think...and the switch is like $28...or I have three or four I'll sell you one!!

RH

Do you have any message center buttons for sale still?

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
No, not all V6's need the additional harness. My 05 V6 has the plug going into the blank switch like Roddy. I remember reading on another thread where depending on the year, you may not have the plug. I want to say it started in 08, but I'm not entirely sure.
my 05 V6 had the harness too and i did the mycolor install.

I have a problem. I bought a mycolor cluster and the mileage doesn't match the old cluster. Anyone know if the cluster can be reprogrammed to reflect the correct mileage?
the vin # and the mileage can only be programed at the factory. dealers cant do it. the dealers can flash the build data into the cluster, if it has the correct vin number in the cluster. heres a install post i did for the cluster with pics:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...or-gauge-cluster-writeup-pics.html?highlight=

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back