what is..

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
what is the record for the fastest stock gt, full street trim (stock tires, suspension, spare in the back the whole nine yards) nothing taken out?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
No idea what the "record" is or if one even exists. I can tell you that most s197 coupes I have seen run the 1/4 at 13.9 - 14.0 @ ~ 97-98 mph. I ran 13.901 @ 97.1 mph which is right in track with what my friends have done too.

With a great driver, 13-15 psi rear tire pressure, an ass-load of glue, killer track prep, ideal DA, and luanching a stick at 4K, you might see 13.6 - 13.5 @~102-104 mph.

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
No idea what the "record" is or if one even exists. I can tell you that most s197 coupes I have seen run the 1/4 at 13.9 - 14.0 @ ~ 97-98 mph. I ran 13.901 @ 97.1 mph which is right in track with what my friends have done too.

With a great driver, 13-15 psi rear tire pressure, an ass-load of glue, killer track prep, ideal DA, and luanching a stick at 4K, you might see 13.6 - 13.5 @~102-104 mph.
i was just curious to see if my time i ran today at the track was anywhere near the record cause i ran a 8.6 in the 1/8 and a 13.3 in the 1/4 and my car is completely stock with no weight reduction...well i have a pypes catback but nothing else

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
The record for the fastest stock gt? That's like saying you're the smartest kid with down syndrome. Who gives a shit?
well obviously you couldnt run that fast so if you dont have anything positive to say then dont say anything. i was just curious if there was one, i didnt ask who has the record i just simply asked if there was one cause i was pretty stoked on my time today at the track and thought it was pretty quick for a completely stock gt.

now what are your times when your car was stock??

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well obviously you couldnt run that fast so if you dont have anything positive to say then dont say anything. i was just curious if there was one, i didnt ask who has the record i just simply asked if there was one cause i was pretty stoked on my time today at the track and thought it was pretty quick for a completely stock gt.

now what are your times when your car was stock??

Be stoked. Good for you, that's some good driving! Although those ETs seem very odd to me with a 2.1 60'. My point is that if you peruse the other forums across the net you'll see all kinds of gay shit like 'fastest civic on stock wheels with drag radials' or some other retarded claim. Who cares?

Congrats on your time, it's good. Get to modding and improve it. Don't get your panties all in a wad.

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
Be stoked. Good for you, that's some good driving! Although those ETs seem very odd to me with a 2.1 60'. My point is that if you peruse the other forums across the net you'll see all kinds of gay shit like 'fastest civic on stock wheels with drag radials' or some other retarded claim. Who cares?

Congrats on your time, it's good. Get to modding and improve it. Don't get your panties all in a wad.
not getting panties in a wad just curious. i know it my ETs may seem really odd but i have a timeslip to prove it. it was just one of those lucky times when i nailed the start perfect cause i usually only do consistant 2.2 60s

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Those are great numbers for stock. A lot of people will question it though.

The 60' you ran normally reflects 8.9-9 in the 1/8 and 13.6-13.7 in the 1/4. To get the 1/8 and 1/4 times you are posting...in most cases... you would have to run a 2.0 60' or have an ass-load of tq and hp to make the diff on the big end. A good rule of thumb is for every 1/10th you take off your 60', that 2/10ths on the big end.

Here is a great example of just how sensitive the 60' times are and how much impact they can have on your ET.

My friend John and I (both in 07 S197's) raced a few times. He is car #3 in the time slip below. Car #3 ran nearly identical ET's you say you ran. But Car #3 had a 1.995 60'.

In this run, I am car #2. Compared to car #3, I ran .01 seconds faster in the 60'. That paid off with me being more than a .1 seconds faster in the 1/8 mile and .26 seconds faster in the 1/4. Plus I had 7 mph on him.

7 mph and more than 1/4 second from a 1/100 of a second diff in 60' time.

13.127_Run.jpg

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where did you run your time at? Post up the timeslip here in your thread or in our timeslip thread

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
Where did you run your time at? Post up the timeslip here in your thread or in our timeslip thread
i ran at ennis dragstrip yesterday where the air was good and the track prep was really good also. ill post up my timeslip in a few mins

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
the first one is of my 13.60 run with a 2.29 60' and the second one shows my 13.37 with my 2.14 60'

Attachments

• 13.6.jpg
    13.6.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 13.3.jpg
    13.3.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 52

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
the DA on my 13.3 pass was at neg 180 and the 13.6 pass wasnt much different, i think somewhere around neg 120.

and if you cant read my 1/8 mile times the first one was 8.91 and the second one was 8.68

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
LOL... +1

Or cares...
well im sorry im not like you guys who can afford to put unlimited mods on your car i think thats awesome that you can. but i think when it gets to that point the best times are based on who has the fastest car...not who can drive better, thats why i asked what the fastest stock gt ran cause when all cars are equally the same (stock) then its based on the driver...not the mods they have done to them

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
What gears are in that car? I'll say this.......you picked the right day to run the car. Mineshaft conditions up at the Motorplex come along in rare times.

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
What gears are in that car? I'll say this.......you picked the right day to run the car. Mineshaft conditions up at the Motorplex come along in rare times.
i have 3.55s. i hit the rev limiter(6k rpms) right at the finish line in 3rd gear....yeah i knew the conditions were going to be good so i couldnt pass it up cause we dont get that good of conditions very often

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
...cause when all cars are equally the same (stock) then its based on the driver...not the mods they have done to them
Or in this case, it was based on killer air conditions. You can't give the driver credit for the weather.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back