11/21/09 Cecil Trip

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Disappointing.....my sig shows my mods on stock 18's and tires running a 13.18 @105.91. Today I go with the addition of an aluminum driveshaft and Bogart rear wheels with Mickey T drag radial and my best run was a 13.241 @105.92 with a 2.141 60ft followed by a 13.251 @105.18 with a 2.061 60ft. Im pissed at this car. Granted my 13.18 run was in 30 degree weather so I'm going to give this another shot in December but I was hoping 13's was going to be a thing of the past. Not like I can do anything to mess up either since its an auto with stock gears. What a disappointing trip, I was going to wash it this afternoon but I just put it away, I can't believe it's slower.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. You just had an "off" day. Regroup for next time, you'll be fine. I have a buddy of mine that has a similar set up to yours and is an auto also. He was hitting low 13s for a while as well. He basically stripped down the interior of the car, pulling out the seats and all, and finally got into the 12s. I wish you the best of luck!

I was going to head to Cecil tomorrow, but I just noticed they didn't have anything going on. Heading to MIR instead. I am in the same boat as you...........hoping to get rid of the 13 slip.

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
it might be a lil difficult to break 12s in a auto with no gear, especially on mickeys.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll try again on Dec. 5th weather permitting. If it shits the bed again then im getting gears, converter, and maybe some pullies and front bogarts.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just realized, my buddy does have 4.10 gears. I forgot to mention that. Sorry.....

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
auto just cant launch like a stick without gears and stall

that is true but the damn thing is slower with a driveshaft which pisses me off. At least run the same time and I would be more comfortable blaming the weather. I even took 2 pre race poops!

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you need gears.

For the price of the Bogarts I might as well have just gotten gears converter and the driveshaft for the same price or less including labor. Either way I've calmed down from the runs, will give another shot in some cold ass weather and the Bogarts,mickeys and driveshaft will come in handy when I have my converter and gears.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its pretty clear that your problem is in your take off. With a 2.0 - 2.1 60', you need to do something to fix that problem. Gears will wake that thing really up, also putting a looser converter will help a lot, that way you can launch further up in the RPMs putting you in the power band. Did you footbrake it at all, or did you leave off idol?

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its pretty clear that your problem is in your take off. With a 2.0 - 2.1 60', you need to do something to fix that problem. Gears will wake that thing really up, also putting a looser converter will help a lot, that way you can launch further up in the RPMs putting you in the power band. Did you footbrake it at all, or did you leave off idol?

I let the converter flash, first run I left at about 1300, second run I left at 1700-1800 and that is when I got my best 60ft (2.06). I completely understand what I have to do with my car but going the rate that it was with the 13.18 I was hoping to get into the 12's with the stock gear and converter just to say I did. But 1 disappointing track day is enough for me make sure my next mods are meaningful. It's hard stalling the stock converter up because all you really do is preload the suspension and get an even shittier launch. One more time in it's current trim in cold weather then it off to gears and converter, if that doesn't do it then I'm buying a 10 or 11.

coair73x

forum member
Reaction score
I assume you have 3.31? I just moved up to the DC area from Texas. I plan to check out Cecil this Saturday the 28th. I like that I have 3 1/4 mile tracks to choose from. Anyway cannot wait to see you car run with a converter and gearing.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Coair, welcome to the North! Check your PMs!!

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did some research and when I ran the 13.18 the sea level was -1200 and when I ran last weekend it was +675 so that was a contributing factor. I would have been better off never running that 13.18 since I based my future times off of that.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I assume you have 3.31? I just moved up to the DC area from Texas. I plan to check out Cecil this Saturday the 28th. I like that I have 3 1/4 mile tracks to choose from. Anyway cannot wait to see you car run with a converter and gearing.

Yea looks like we have close to the same car. Your car will move a little better at Cecil. Im headed back down Dec. 5th hoping to get some nice cold air.

coair73x

forum member
Reaction score
hoping the humidity will be low come sat. I just want to break into the 13.20`s. Best 1/4 mile yet was at Crofton but was humid that night.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you want a truely great run I would wait until Decemeber or Feb when the track opens back up. Weather was similar last weekend as the 28th is supposed to be and it was +675 ft above sea level which didn't help me anyway. However compared to where you ran before that may be good for you. Your car definately has 13.20s at Cecil in it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back