2008 "tigermachine II" Bullitt Mustang build, Pics & Video on Post #518 ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Post on DBR's full Dynamat treatment & 4.10 gear Pics.

Up-date on the Dynamat treatment,

Sorry for the delay on doing this post guys.
I have had something else come up recently in my life that had all my attention.

So, let me get on with what you want to know and see.
I do now have the rest of the pictures on the Dynamat install from DBR Performance.

You know I have tried my best to think of how to describe what I think after this has been done.
It's not all that easy really to describe to be honest about it..

To me the inside cabin is simply quieter than it was.
How much quieter ???
Well, now when I get into the throttle I actually hear the S/C whine and the Borla (Touring) exhaust.
I have not yet just stood on it as I also had them do a set of 4.10 Ford Racing gears.
So just trying to let the gears settle in before I go to crazy with the throttle thing.
I can now also actually listen to the X/M Satellite radio with more normal volume levels.
How to say the following, you just don't hear all the road noise, tire noise, and you seem to be in a more isolated cabin.
I'm trying to say, you feel more like your removed from the outside world now in the cabin.
I can also say this as a fact, it is high 90's here and the Heat-index is plus 100-degrees frequently with really high humidity and the A/C works GREAT.
Seriously with it on low fan speed #1 or #2 and on recirculate the cabin is very nice indeed.
And I'm talking about even in mid-day sun shining on the car before you get in it to drive off.
It is a real difference in the Heat that comes into the cabin now.
Much-much more comfortable in a Dark Green exterior with a solid black interior Mustang.

I do really like having the 4.10 gears back under it.
It just makes the Mustang feel so much Lighter and Quicker even under mild throttle leaving stops.
Give it some gas and it just jumps up and is gone and shifts so darn quick through the gears.
Yesterday I was on the interstate coming back from my 6-month primary Dr. thing.
Got behind some slow moving traffic and moved over in the other lane and simply got into the gas some and looked down and I was over 90 plus instantly.
Was not even making it downshift into 4th gear , just simply getting into the gas some in O/D and away I went.
That was IMO a good decision for me, I Likeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

For those that are possibly following this and want to know what the heck does it (Dynamat) actually cost ???
This time I will post the DBR Performance invoice so you can see it for yourselves.
I stopped talking and showing prices many years ago because of all the negative remarks from some people.
But this time around I think some people that might consider having a Performance Shop do this might like to know what the heck they might possibly be looking at cost wise.

If your wondering what my personal thoughts are now that I have it and have paid for it ???
Being a 100% honest in talking about it and it's cost in my case I am okay with it.
But if I was a person concerned over what this can cost according to where one lives and labor cost for that location.
I don't know if it's worth it or not for others as it is expensive to simply have a quieter cabin and a cooler interior.
And certainly if one lived where their climate was much-much cooler then your real-world-gain would be a quieter cabin.
Of course if you were up North your cabin in the Winter months would doggone sure be a heck of a lot warmer for sure.

I guess it comes down to how much monies is in each person's basket and what they want to spend those monies on.

Dave, it did not turn the Mustang into a luxury car that's for sure but it is much-much-quieter inside.

Bottom-line, would I do it again now that I know what the end result is and would I have DBR Performance do it ???
Yes, I'm older and I wanted a more civilized Mustang in quietness as well as it being cooler inside in the summer heat.
I say that because my Mustang is actually at this point for all practical purposes done in regards to performance modifications.
So, that being the case I decided to have DBR Performance do it.
So I set cost aside but if I was still having Major Performance Modifications still needing to be done I would say I would pass on this until everything else was done.

I know some of you think I am way-way to wordy in my post but the reason I am is to let those interested know the way I really feel about things.
And in some cases to do that it takes me a lot of words to say exactly or as close as I can what I think.

Pictures are below,

Pictures of the Ford Racing 4.10 gear mesh/tracking.

These are the pictures of the Dynamat install I was sent recently.
(Some of these may have been previously posted)

The DBR Performance invoice including their (Military Labor Discount)

Also, notice I was not charged for the Ford Racing gears or install.
The 1st time they went with the Richmond and they did make noise.
I did already pay for that install & parts.

The roof,

/Tiger%20Machine%202015%20completed/DBR%20Performance%202016/Dynamat%20Pictures%20July%202016%205%20Resized_zps kpher1qu.jpg.html]

The trunk area and spare tire wheel well.

T.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good but ouch on the cost. I'm still thinking I'll do this but I'm not sure if I'll use dynomat of some other sound deadener. Eastwood makes something similar or I could spray in lizard skin.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good but ouch on the cost. I'm still thinking I'll do this but I'm not sure if I'll use dynomat of some other sound deadener. Eastwood makes something similar or I could spray in lizard skin.
Matt,

Yes, expensive for sure.

As I said above I stopped yrs ago showing or talking cost on things.

But in this case I thought members might like to see for themselves what it really does cost to have it done.

I did not ask what it was going to cost before signing off to have it done.
The simple reason being it was depended on labor hrs and that was a variable.
So, I said, I want it done as professional as you guys can possibly do it.
They did exactly that so No-Complaints from me as I got what I asked for.

But .............

As I said in my post above others might want to give it some serious thought before jumping in and saying to their Performance Shop, just do it.

There are other products as you know similar to the Dynamat.
In-fact David (DBR owner) has used other products and was happy with the results.
He mentioned them to me and I passed and said I wanted only Dynamat exclusively in mine I like their product best even though it is expensive.
My thinking was, it was only going to be done one time so may as well go with Dynamat.

Terry

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How much weight did it add?
Scott,

The truth is I nor them weighed the Dynamat they used.
So, anything I say is really nothing more than a guess at best.
I could call and ask them but once again I still think it would just be a guess on their part.

I did remove a lot of weight from the trunk with all the crap I was carrying in the spare-wheel-well area.

So even though I don't know the weight I would think there is no way the Dynamat would weigh more than 100 Lbs.

Okay I decided to call DBR and ask John that actually did the install what his best guess was on the weight.
He said, 90-Lbs is his best estimate.

So take the 40.6 Lbs from the crap I took out of the trunk and deduct that from John's estimate of 90 Lbs.

That is roughly an additional 49.4 Lbs added to the Mustang.

Being that I weigh around 165 to 168 Lbs myself that little additional weight is just not really going to make any difference at all in the performance of the car.

T.

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
Gotcha , thanks Terry... I was wondering as I was going to do this and some avid track guys I hang with looked at me as if I was crazy in terms of weight adder...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gotcha , thanks Terry... I was wondering as I was going to do this and some avid track guys I hang with looked at me as if I was crazy in terms of weight adder...

I can tell you the following on having it back now as I have gotten to drive it a lot since picking it up from DBR.

It is a lot of difference inside where the driver is for sure.
Much-much quieter for it to be an S-197 Mustang.
You know they did not come from Ford with a lot of insulation.
That's not bitchin Ford out just stating a fact.

Now it's like you are more isolated from all the little noises that come from underneath the car normally.

I just drove it and picked up a buddy to go eat lunch at the local mall in the food court this afternoon.

On the way to the interstate I get on a very long entrance ramp.
I got into it some to see how it runs now with the 4.10 gears.
It just simply hauls ass.
(I'm going to soon try it under Full-Power just to see what it does)
It shifts under partial throttle instantly and as it goes through the lower gears and it shook the car as it shifted.
And you look down and you are like at 80-90 MPH instantly.

When we came out of the Mall I had the windows up.
It's like over 100-degrees here Heat-index wise today.
We got in and I turned on the A/C on recirculate and fan speed of #2 position.
It cooled the cabin down very quickly.
No sweaty backs now. LOL !!!
On the way from his work place I decided to take the interstate.
Turned on the X/M Satellite radio to a station named Blend, set the cruise, A/C on.
It is simply a different car inside with the windows up, A/C on and listening to the X/M satellite radio with normal volume.
I am glad I decided to have DBR do both the Dynamat and the new Ford Racing 4.10 gears.

It's a heck of a Machine for power and it's ability to provide excellent comfort while cruising or simply short commutes.

If monies is no problem and you wish to have your Mustang to be more livable then I recommend doing it.

Especially if you just happen to live where it's Hottttttttttttttt

I also have 50% Legal Tint on all the windows, not the windshield.

Here is the Bullitt at DBR Performance ready to leave.

This is in my garage this afternoon on the way to pick up my buddy for lunch.

Terry

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hear you on only doing it once. It's on my list to do, I need to put on new tires first, then there are those gt500 breaks with boss 302 low expansion break lines I still need to install first. I've been a bit of a slacker.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hear you on only doing it once. It's on my list to do, I need to put on new tires first, then there are those gt500 breaks with boss 302 low expansion break lines I still need to install first. I've been a bit of a slacker.
Matt,

Hey my man you have several (High-Dollar) things to get done.

The tires are not cheap according to what you pick.
Say, I really like these new Continental DWS06 series-2 tires I had installed.
You might want to look into them.
They are as you know an All-Weather-Tires for all seasons.
I was as you know running the M/T Street Comps for years.
The DWS06 tires are definitely better, especially once it gets colder outside on the streets.
That's the main reason I switched to them.
They are pretty darn quiet and very smooth on the road.

I also ran the GT-500 complete break system with the Stainless Braided-Lines.
It worked just fine and back then the Bullitt was being raced pretty often.
(By me & Brenspeed)
No-Worries at all on stopping !!!

And lastly speaking of the Dynamat.
If I were you I would pick a shop that was willing to do what John did at DBR Performance on mine.
(Meaning strip the doggone thing completely down and do it right as right can be.
Costly, yes, but it does make a real difference on Noise & Insulation.

T.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hear you, but a lot of the fun of the car for me is working on it. I plan on doing the breaks and lines myself, and the dynomat mat too.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hear you, but a lot of the fun of the car for me is working on it. I plan on doing the breaks and lines myself, and the dynomat mat too.
Matt,

Your fortunate that you have the necessary talent to do the work on your's.

I just don't have that talent at all.

I'll be looking for your up-dates as things progress on your end.
icon14.gif

T.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Haha, I'm kind of bad about posting car updates.

Well if you do happen to post what you do hopefully I'll see it.

It's very easy to miss new posts on S-197 as there are so many each day.

T.

Leroy_jenkinz

Reaction score

As some of you know I was waiting on the Saleen Stage-6 Supercharger with the Saleen Supershaker option to find a new home.
(I had to have those Dollars to help with the cost on new project)

That took place a week ago at Brenspeed so it now does have a new owner.

I did not ask who purchased it but if it was someone on S-197 congratulations to you.

IMO you will not be disappointed with that Saleen system .:thumb2:

I received an E-Mail as well as Text messages and then a follow-up call from Brenspeed and one of the Major items just arrived.
(All parts will now be ordered)

Now that the Saleen is history things are going to take place on this New project a lot quicker.

I will come back to this Thread with pictures and text once I get my camera back and the Mustang.

No sense in me talking about what is suppose to take place until IMO it has actually happened.

I decided to go ahead and at least start this New Thread because .......

There were 2-Post done on the sale thread that should have been on a new Thread about this new project.

Jay,

Thanks for the well wishes below.
I decided to Copy & Paste it to this New Thread so I could reply.

post_old.gif
Yesterday, 10:37 PM #11 555

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif

Good luck with the new build Terry

2009 Black Bullitt .... 495 rwhp 421 rwtq
Soon to be Stroked and Blown .... but never Bored!!!
New build in process :snoopy

Terry

Very nice terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Time for posting about the Airbag recall ...

This only took a year since I received the 1st recall notice back on July 2015.

Guys,

rendering.png

main-17907-6faefdbf71d6.jpg

logo-store.jpg

Just got back from my local Ford Dealer getting the Driver's-Side-Airbag (Recall) completed.

It took maybe like 30-minutes to get it done once they pulled it in the shop.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just received my CAI Roush Filter and got it installed ...

Guys,

I finally remembered to call George at Brenspeed and got him to drop ship from Roush two (2) new CAI filters.

They came in last Friday and I installed it Saturday in my nice A/C garage.

Here the heat index has been 108-111-114 degrees daily and like plus 95% humidity.

So, it is really nice to simply turn on the lights, radio on, and the HVAC Carrier split-unit is doing it's thing.
tango_face_smile.png

Well not like I claim to be any sort of tech/mechanic that's for sure.

But, I can handle some of the simpler things like installing the CAI filter.
tango_face_surprise.png

While I was doing the CAI Filter thing I thought this would be a good time to get the SCT Tuner out and adjust the idle.
It has been a little slow so just went in and adjusted the RPM up higher when it's in gear.
Just took a few minutes for the new setting to load and all was A-OK once again.

sct-x3-45.png

All set and ready to go now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back