2013 Race Red MCA Edition convertible - made over by CDC

JimC

Reaction score
I won the make over from Classic Design Concepts. The process was started at Mustang Alley during the Woodward Dream Cruise and finished yesterday.

Got the hood struts, dead pedal, light bar - then moved on with the RTR grill, chin spoiler, side skirt extensions, rear skirt extensions, rear diffuser, and the license plate surround.

New custom lighted door sill plates. They say "Woodward Dream Cruise 2012" on the left, and "By Classic Design Concepts" on the right. The center section is lit and says "2013 MCA EDITION"

And a new hood graphic (says "Powered by Ford" - I'll have to get a better picture of just the hood graphic)

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

DSC03927.jpg

This is what the license plate area looks like stock
DSC03991.jpg

DSC03994.jpg

And this is where it started
DSC03575.jpg

I need to change the lower grill to the black billet from a GT/CS, or wait for CDC or Roush to start selling their new open lower grill in black. I also either need to fabricate my own mount to put the tri-bar back on the grill or wait until CDC gets their badge mount done.

JimC

Reaction score
Thanks all, the only problem with lowering it is that the chin and side skirts already are low. The chin will hit a curb stop if I pull in too close, and lowering would make it worse for daily driving - and the side skirts added just enough that it is tough to get my racing jack under the car. I like to use the frame rail at the front but I can't get the jack all the way under now so have to use the pinch welds (guess it is time to get those jack plates from Steeda).

I decided to make a little change this afternoon. With the new performance grill the stock MCA lower grill didn't look right. So rather than paint the grill, I used some plasti-dip for a temporary solution until CDC or Roush release the new lower grill, or until I can find a GT/CS lower grill (which is the same as the MCA, just in black). With the plasti-dip I have a solution for now for the imbalance with the gray, and can peel it off later on and still have my original MCA grills for re-installation if I ever decide to go back to stock.

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back