406 RWHP - N/A 3V - Stock Shortblock

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
well i'm not all gung ho on staying N/A, i have sent a decent amount of nitrous through my car. Still not really "f.i." though, as I can still run high compression, knarly cams, etc, etc............I will be shooting for 400 N/A though. And an 11 sec. time slip all motor. Then the giggle gas might go back on the car.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
IMO, ever since the 3v's came out, people always went straight to FI, under the impression that 400rwhp N/A was not possible without a serious stroker build, and that doing a streetable build was a waste of time. But it seems that now adays people are researching more and more into the N/A capability of 3v's, which I believe is large.

Reaction score
well i'm not all gung ho on staying N/A, i have sent a decent amount of nitrous through my car. Still not really "f.i." though, as I can still run high compression, knarly cams, etc, etc............I will be shooting for 400 N/A though. And an 11 sec. time slip all motor. Then the giggle gas might go back on the car.

11's is possible without even opening up the motor. You guys want to do it on the cheap....?

Pull a little weight out a splash of octane boost with 93 and a good tune can get you into the elevens.
I went a 12.0's early in 05 this very same way. 4.30 gears, electric water pump, aluminum shaft, IMRC deletes, some chassis parts and a set of wheels and tires. At the time the car made 309 RWHP.

A broken ring gear ended the quest as we simply started our turbo development shortly thereafter.

I can't say this enough, it's not about how many parts you buy it's about the combination of parts you buy.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Wheels and Tires in the form of slicks and 15'' racing wheels right?

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
These cars are as light as a Lotus compared to the new Camaro, Challengers, and Chargers.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I am no "pro" or "shop owner", but Mike@Powerhouse explained it great just then!!! It is about the combination of parts....Not how much you spend.....

S.D. has also helped me with my quest to build a n/a 3V by helping me make decisions about bottom-end....Keeping it lightweight and still being able to turn it decent rpm's without breaking....

I too am not against F.I. at all....I love the whine of a Whipple, or the hissing of a turbo coming at you....plus the killer power to boot....but, I am like some of the other guys who just like to have a motor car, and run against F.I. guys for the fun of it....

It's all personal preference like stated above....I am building a n/a shortblock as we speak...but, I am also gonna take the stock motor out of my car and build a F.I. setup....

TexStang

Reaction score
LOL

Should go 9's on motor. We'll see when it's complete. Motor is assembled. Waiting for our machine shop to finish cutting ventting groves in the cam caps so we can finish assembling the long block. Then it's game one!!!!

Is this a 3v going into a s197 thats gonna run these times? If so I'm gonna be really impressed

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe its going into a sn95 body iirc. He mentioned it in another thread but still going to be a wicked car. I am curious on the heads and cams deal, granted I don't have a bottom end to handle it yet but if the price is right I can put them in the living room with the rest of the parts waiting to be installed. LOL my fiance really loves it when I get a package from the ups guy to put with the rest of my shit.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I bet it will be around 3100 for the package providing it includes valve springs, retainers, and/or limiters/lockouts, and depending on which heads/cams(billet cams or not, which stage of heads) are included.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
11's is possible without even opening up the motor. You guys want to do it on the cheap....?

I can't say this enough, it's not about how many parts you buy it's about the combination of parts you buy.

Rep points for you!

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I've gotta give Mike @ PowerHouse reps too. His statement is one of the smartest things that someone could say when it comes to producing certain track numbers.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Why not a S197? Just curious.

Exactly what silverstang07 said.

We have an old FFW Street Renegade rolling chassis sitting here. Suspension is dialed in, chssis work is complete. There is no reason to not use this body.

We do have another project on the drawing board for a S-197 body car. it's going to be a one of a kind never done before machine. It's going to be on our very first LNR car.
I'll give you a hint. It'll have 2 of them...and I don't mean turbo's

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back