Back in the saddle... 2013 Mustang GT Prem w/ Track Pack.

ponygrrl

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hi.

I have never really posted much here, mostly because I always rocked a new edge lol. This is my old whip:

right-side-1-1.jpg

2003 Mustang GT

But then a lady decided she didn't feel like stopping at a red light, T-boned me, and totaled it :(

So I decided I'd try and be "logical" and get a regular DD (04 Mazda6) while I was going through school, etc. Being "logical" sucks.

About a year ago, I scratched a little bit of my "project car" itch with this beast:

photo-18.jpg

1953 Ford Mainline

But it didn't cure me. It helps, and it's a blast, though.

The Mazda started needing more & more maintenance (160k miles!) and I decided it was time to part ways with it... So I began my search for a new car and after a few weeks I found her! So, here's my new baby:

6EC6DA69-0FF0-4CC9-ADA9-669BD805A34A-4116-0000024D93ECD52C.jpg

photo-18.jpg

photo2-5.jpg

She is a 2013 Mustang GT Premium with the Track Pack. I absolutely f*cking love it. It is so much different than my old Mustang. Rides smoother, comfier, hell of a lot faster lol. I've already got an O/R H-pipe and a JLT CF Intake on it with a Lund tune. I can't keep my hands off anything for long. :boobies: I've got a little list as well of stuff I want to do, too. Fun fun fun.

ponygrrl

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I like the little Ford. Is that a '49/50 Merc grille in it?

No it's actually a grille off of an old Buick. I bought the car with that on there. I don't like it lol it doesn't really fit the car and the body indents/mounting holes for the stock grille kinda stand out like sore thumbs. I'm heading up to the Turkey Run next week and will be stalking the Swap Meet for a better grille option. If I don't find it, then I'll make my own with some DeSoto teeth.

Sublime302

mod bug flu
Reaction score
Nice upgrade. Best choice in color. Love my white 13! I like your 53 as well. It will look nice matte white!

GTSpecial

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the 13'! What part of Florida are you in? I remember seeing your new edge on SFLStangs. She was also a beauty.

ponygrrl

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Nice upgrade. Best choice in color. Love my white 13! I like your 53 as well. It will look nice matte white!

Thanks. I actually love yours too, and we have similar tastes because almost everything you do is something I've planned on doing once I get the '53 done with for next week's show lol. How do you like the RTR decklid? I am weary of drilling out my trunk but I hate that emblem on the rear.

Congrats on the 13'! What part of Florida are you in? I remember seeing your new edge on SFLStangs. She was also a beauty.

I'm in Palm Beach Gardens. Yeah I miss that car still. :( My neighbors and my bank account don't, though haha. It was LOUD and a money pit, everything wanted to break.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
No it's actually a grille off of an old Buick. I bought the car with that on there. I don't like it lol it doesn't really fit the car and the body indents/mounting holes for the stock grille kinda stand out like sore thumbs. I'm heading up to the Turkey Run next week and will be stalking the Swap Meet for a better grille option. If I don't find it, then I'll make my own with some DeSoto teeth.
Sounds good. The '52-54 Merc and Lincoln grilles will bolt in if you like them and can find one. '54 Pontiac is a good option too. The '51-55 DeSoto is going to be expensive! I'm not sure which year(s) fit best in the '52-54 Ford opening.

Here's some inspiration for ya.

http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/11_...like/ford_custom_cars/52-54_ford_custom_cars/

That grouping comes from probably the largest group of custom car photos anywhere.

http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/11_car_photos/beautiful_custom_cars/custom_car_photo/

ponygrrl

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Man the 2013 looks so good in white.

Awesome car

Thanks!

Sounds good. The '52-54 Merc and Lincoln grilles will bolt in if you like them and can find one. '54 Pontiac is a good option too. The '51-55 DeSoto is going to be expensive! I'm not sure which year(s) fit best in the '52-54 Ford opening.

Here's some inspiration for ya.

http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/11_...like/ford_custom_cars/52-54_ford_custom_cars/

That grouping comes from probably the largest group of custom car photos anywhere.

http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/11_car_photos/beautiful_custom_cars/custom_car_photo/

Thanks for the links. Those are awesome. Bolt-in really isn't a necessity. I actually would like to bang out the indents from the stock grille and make the fender smooth and do a toothy style grille. I don't really like the grilles that stretch beyond the "mouth" so to speak lol. It will basically just come down to finding a grille I like the looks of that isn't pitted/rusted/etc. or custom fabbing one.

Welcome nice ride and that was a clean new edge also

Thanks! Yeah, she was a beaut. I want to get another white new edge one day, most likely a Cobra, just as a toy.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back