Bleeding brakes after disassembling the caliper

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I'm having my front calipers powdercoated so that meant I had to disassemble them completely which will leave ALOT of air in the lines and calipers themselves when I reassemble and put them back on the car.

Any tips for getting all the air out AND should I wash them after getting them back from the PC to remove any sand or glass beads that may have gotten in the fluid cavities inside the calipers during powdercoating??

:helpme:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
No reason to. You going need to drive to actually use the brakes

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
If they're completely disassembled remove all of the bleeders and blow them out with air then reassemble. You will have to bleed the entire system make sure you start from the rear passenger side. I'm not sure how the new brakes are designed but if they have two bleeders valves start from the bottom valve first and then the top.

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
to make things faster/easier, put a standard bolt and nut through the brake hose fitting (with copper washers of course) and snug it down - will prevent all the fluid from draining out of the master/abs unit while you wait.

of course, try and get all the old fluid out of the master before you flush/bleed, because we aren't savages.....

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
to make things faster/easier, put a standard bolt and nut through the brake hose fitting (with copper washers of course) and snug it down - will prevent all the fluid from draining out of the master/abs unit while you wait.

of course, try and get all the old fluid out of the master before you flush/bleed, because we aren't savages.....

It's all new fluid haha, car only has double digit miles :whistle1:

nawagner

forum member
Reaction score
Pinch the brake lines with a clamp as close to caliper as possible before taking calipers off and leave clamped until you replace the calipers. Then bleed as usual. I have a vac bleeder that works really well.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Some of y'all bout to get this

A6zEbFN.jpg

:laughlots:

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
Pinch the brake lines with a clamp as close to caliper as possible before taking calipers off and leave clamped until you replace the calipers. Then bleed as usual. I have a vac bleeder that works really well.

nnnnoooooopppppeeeeeee

have seen that ruin hoses before.

travelers

Reaction score
I installed the Speed Bleeders when I installed the Brembos and braded lines. They work great.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Cars that are only driven from the dealer and parked until they are traded in multiple times for more cars that are only driven from the dealer do not need brakes.

Brake delete FTW!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back