Congrats Mark!

BTW, I forgot to bill you for the use of my wheels and tires last summer:clap:

Attachments

• IMG00024.jpg
    IMG00024.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 61

rayS197

Reaction score
Go Mark the aftermarket parts tester for the s197 platform. LOL!
good luck. I am suprised your wife hasnt put her foot in your butt. Why not just keep the Whipple and add the twins as well? Thats next right? LOL.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shoulda done some Bullseye turbos

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol i laugh when i hear u talk about all this parts that cost a ton of money like u are just changing honda sparkplugs. rofl :) keep going.

The real secret is to keep your shit clean and in perfect condition so you can sell it off. There's no way I would have ever changed any of my set-ups if I hadn't recouped something from every set-up I've had. Every single one of them was sold before I pulled the trigger on something new...:idea:

Is the new set-up costing me money - absolutely. But probably less than you think...:beerdrink:

I'm so excited to have a watercooled TT set-up. I don't know if I'll hit the 1200 goal on the stock computer but I'm going to try. The power is up to it, but anything over a grand is extremely tricky on the computer. We are hoping to make it to the next track rental and so far it looks good as we should be done in 4-5 weeks.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice to know that I'm spreading the dreaded "Twins" disease throughout the board. :evil:

Truth be told, I have always known a watercooled TT set-up would be balls best but nobody has ever made or offered a kit.

If the whipple hadn't taken a crap, I would not have changed. Just circumstances happened, and I figured it was just meant to be...:beerdrink:

I've decided for now to hold off on the manual rack and aerospace brakes. I can always add them later, and I'm really trying to allow this thing to remain a 'street' car - so I am keeping the factory power steering/brakes/rack for now and see what happens.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mark - what size injectors are you using?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm going to stick with the #72's for now. I'm pretty confident with them but if they run out, I may switch to the new #80's.

Greg was able to break a 1000 on his car with the 72's and didn't lean out so I think I will be okay but I'll wait and see. The return system helps a bunch...:beerdrink:

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
damm, i want to see ur car running. i tought u where in the top of the list in the 1/4 times. i know u are chasing all that power and all, i was wondering why dont u chasi to be faster. i dont think u have had a setup that long to really dial it in, have u?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LMAO - again, I don't know where this illusion comes form that I randomly change set-ups at will...:wtf:

Every set-up I have had I have pushed to the limit until it broke. EVERY ONE - without exception. Had the whipple blower not took a dump - it would still be on the car.

Having said that. I had already pretty much taken the whipple as far as it could go. I was running nitrous on top of it - so I don't know how much more I could 'dial it in'. Yes, I could have gotten it a little faster, but there wasn't too much more to be had on that set-up unless I jut wanted to break it with a stupid 200-300 shot or something.

Granted, the blower breaking was a fluke, but it was the excuse I needed to try the thing I have wanted to do for 2 years but didn't have anyone to help me do it. I look at it like fate and meant to be. I hooked up with Greg and the blower took a shit - and now I'm going to have the set-up I think is the absolute best. There won't be anymore set-ups to try. Nothing is going to outperform this one...:beerdrink:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, let's get the pics started...

Rewiring and dropping the AC
0122091644.jpg

b0122091749.jpg

Making room for the turbos
beginbuild.jpg

Motor refreshed and waiting to go...
motor.jpg

The Chute has arrived! I am mounting it with a quick release so I can just attach it at the track.
chute.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back