Climate Control FAN Issues - UPDATED Please Help...

mAnYsTyLeS

forum member
Reaction score
This is the problem:

On our cars we have fan/vent speeds that are numbered from 1-4. When I put my heat or air conditioner on speed 1, it comes out much harder than speed 2. Basically, my speeds go from 2 to 1 to 3 to 4. Any idea why this happening?

This is what I did and the conclusion I came to:

Well, I replaced the resistor for the FAN blower motor and it didn't fix the problem I was having. I think the problem I'm having is with the plug to the blower switch or the actual blower switch but I'm 95% sure that it's the plug to the blower switch. See pic below...

img5395meltxx4.jpg

When I inspected the plug it actually looks like it melted a very very very little bit where it connects to the blower switch on the climate control module. The pic is not that clear but you can see a slight difference. I'm wondering if this slight melting or deformity is causing the plug not to seat correctly and therefore messing with the fan's speed. The wires themselves and everything else look fine and don't look abnormal from the rest of the wires behind the center console.

To make sure the plug was the problem, I connected it to the blower switch and tried moving it around while the fan was running to see if it would go back to it's normal speed and it did. When I stopped moving it around then it blew out faster again (on setting 1 - which is the setting I'm having the issue on).

Now, if I can just change the plug to the blower switch I think it will solve the problem with setting 1 blowing out faster than setting 2.

My question is, how do I do that? Does Ford sell the plug? The plug looks like it connects to a boat load of wires behind the radio and I don''t want to mess with that stuff. If there's a way just to change the plug itself withough cutting, soldering, etc... then I think I'll be OK. Let me know what you think please! All ideas are welcome since I have NO CLUE about this stuff - thanks!
s14.gif

img5401hc3.jpg

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know this isn't any help, but since your car is an 07, surely you have a warranty of some sort? I'm just not understanding why you don't take it in. Is it because of all your mods that they've already voided your warranty?

Booger

No longer under warranty
Reaction score
You have a resistance problem and it could be from a bad crimp in the wire or lose fit on the terminal causing the problem. I doubt you'll be able to get one from Ford. Your best bet would be to go to a junkyard and find a plug cut and splice it in. Or if you can find a removal tool remove the wires pull em out of the plug and check out the wire then install in a new plug.

mAnYsTyLeS

forum member
Reaction score
I know this isn't any help, but since your car is an 07, surely you have a warranty of some sort? I'm just not understanding why you don't take it in. Is it because of all your mods that they've already voided your warranty?

Well, my main reason is that I don't trust the dealership's workmanship. I've seen them change my oil once and since then I would never go back. The way they jacked my car up and a few other things horrified me and I promised myself not to go again.

Also, I had a Pioneer navigation system installed as an aftermarket item after my car purchase (by another shop). I'm 99.9% sure they will use that against me and say that's why there's a problem with my fan.

mAnYsTyLeS

forum member
Reaction score
You have a resistance problem and it could be from a bad crimp in the wire or lose fit on the terminal causing the problem. I doubt you'll be able to get one from Ford. Your best bet would be to go to a junkyard and find a plug cut and splice it in. Or if you can find a removal tool remove the wires pull em out of the plug and check out the wire then install in a new plug.

That sounds like the issue I'm having. Will I have to get the plug from a Mustang or you think other cars have the same one?

mAnYsTyLeS

forum member
Reaction score

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back