Dipshit in need of IC Pump priming help.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Me being the dipshit I emptied out the water in my ice box on a hill and filled it with ice. My iat's jumped up to 198:tdown: I figured out that the pump is running, but the water is not flowing. I need to prime it, how would I do this please?:idea:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
My IC pump quit working at the track 2 weeks ago due to a leaky connection. I drove it home no problem. Then next morning, it just started working again.

As far as priming it, not sure. You could pull the inlet hose off the ice box and suck on it, trying to draw water through the pump.

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My IC pump quit working at the track 2 weeks ago due to a leaky connection. I drove it home no problem. Then next morning, it just started working again.

As far as priming it, not sure. You could pull the inlet hose off the ice box and suck on it, trying to draw water through the pump.
John I did the same thing to your car once. What Don said will work. Just disconnect it where it dumps back into the tank and suck on the hose it will start working. ( and before you ask NO we are not playing a joke on you.)

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just to be sure though, you should take pictures of you sucking on the outlet hose for the DIY your going to write...

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You could try squeezing the IC hoses as well, might create enough suck/blow to move whatever air bubble is causing the pump not to prime.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
idk what pump you have but on my meziere i have a plug i can pull out to let the air out of the pump to get it to pump again

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
John I did the same thing to your car once. What Don said will work. Just disconnect it where it dumps back into the tank and suck on the hose it will start working. ( and before you ask NO we are not playing a joke on you.)

eww Ken, the thought of you sucking my hose is a little disturbing:leghump:
Were you putting ice in the car when it quit?

I took Don and Kens advice pulled the inlet hose to the ice box off an sifend/sucked it this morning and poof I heard a sputtering and water was flowing. Thanks guys!:beer:

My iat's were 198 degrees w/o the intercooler:tdown:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
idk what pump you have but on my meziere i have a plug i can pull out to let the air out of the pump to get it to pump again
Do you have Meziere IC pump? I thought you were using the same pump I have (you gave me the PN).

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you have Meziere IC pump? I thought you were using the same pump I have (you gave me the PN).

I was until we installed the tank in the trunk this past winter. I have a meziere back there now. We weren't sure if that pump could handle the length and distance of all the hoses now so we upgraded

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My pump keeps quiting on me:tdown: I am giong to re-route the hose from the back of the blower. Right now it dips down and comes up.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok guys this might be a dumbass comment but coulnt you hook up a bulb like on the gas lines for boats into the system ( permanant ) could save this prob later on ........... just an idea because i don't run this system and i may just be dumb lol

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My pump keeps quiting on me:tdown: I am giong to re-route the hose from the back of the blower. Right now it dips down and comes up.

You may want to rule out it's not a an issue of voltage?:idea:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Then yep, check your flow and check all the lines for cracks/tears.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Then yep, check your flow and check all the lines for cracks/tears.

just re-did all the hose with bends with elbows. Went for a drive, this morning I was seeing 145 iat's now 125:thumb:
Problem is I pull in the driveway open the hood and the pump stops flowing. Could the pump be worn out from being overworked?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
your sure the pump is on? (you can hear it)

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
your sure the pump is on? (you can hear it)

yep, it is humming and I touch it i can feel it moving. I basically pull the inlet tube off the ice box suck on it and I hear some burbeling then the water flows nicely. Drive it and iat's are 125ish then they start rising get home and no flow:tdown:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back