Disappointed Dyno

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Stoichiometric is the ratio of air to fuel to achieve 1 labda. The lambda changes during open loop.

You can call it whatever you want but my books refer to it as "forcing open loop" and watching it on a wideband during normal driving that's about what it does. Open loop is anytime the closed loop feedback system isn't being used, ie narrowband oxygen sensors trimming the fuel delivery that's based on maf transfer.

Open loop tables don't automatically go to one value. The table is populated with different values based on pedal position and rpm. I'll post up a screen shot of mine if I can remember how to save and post a screen shot.

I had to look it up and I'm getting away from the topic so I'll stop after this and hope the OP gets a reputable dyno tune that can be tailored to his motor instead of a one size fits all conservative tune.

Oh god looking at that table is making me have bad flashbacks.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know what you ment and understand how it works Bruce, your wording was just a little confusing the way that sentence ran on i had to read it a few times. lol

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I know what you ment and understand how it works Bruce, your wording was just a little confusing the way that sentence ran on i had to read it a few times. lol

I'm like that sometimes, lol. I had one hell of a time with grammer in school as it made no sense to me at all. I can't process the logic behind it.

Huck

forum member
Reaction score
First, thanks for all the feedback and comments. Here is what I learned.

1. The last few threads made absolutely no sense to me. I glad we have such knowledgeable people on this forum :dunce:
2. I need to get a new set of Cats with bung holes for the rear 02 sensor
3. I need to get a custom tune versus the e-mail tune
4. Car should have been taken to 6000 and 6500 RPMs for the dyno pull

Again, thanks everybody!

rdsx18

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely get a custom tune. I just got one for my car with a similar setup, except I have comp cams and shorty headers, I made 319 and the car was brought to 6400 RPMs. My custom tune runs way better than my email one, and remember a dyno is just a tool, it is not the be all end all and the track slip is really what will tell you how fast your car is.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back