Edelbrock E-Force Results........

Ninjak

The Wolf hunts at night..
Reaction score
Actually Tillman received THREE ede blowers which all did the same thing...

I followed the original thread..I really do not think they recieved three DIFFERENT blowers. I think that they got some new parts, like the MAF, tune, and then finally got a new unit....but three blowers..I do not think so.

At any rate, it would seem that those problems are gone, and like I said, the original thread is also gone. In the end results matter, and we are starting to see them now. So if I was in the market for a S/C, I really could care less what Tillmans was not able to do, but more on what others and proven RESULTS were.

ullery215

Reaction score
Hello to everyone. I am new to this site. I have owned my Mustang for a little over one year. It is a 2008, I now have 10,000 miles on it. This week R&A Motorsports (Lee's Summit MO) put a edelbrock supercharger on my car. My car is completly stock with automatic, 20" wheels, and 14" brakes on rear. The car was dynoed at Vamp Racing (on dynojet) before the install, results were, 256.39 HP, and 249.06 TQ. After the install Friday (4/3/09) at Vamp Racing. The results were 385.38 HP, and 389.38 TQ. In normal driving you would never know anything had ben done, but give it the gas and it runs great! Have drove it about 150 miles and love it. I believe R&A has video of the dyno run. Will have them post it Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited:

moosestang

Reaction score
Because most of those doing the criticizing don't run down a racetrack and dyno numbers mean more to them than getting laid.

Those that can't get laid run down a race track.

Hey Jim, I haven't followed your posts on this subject, but your reputation precedes you.

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Are you for fucking real? You telling me the guys with framed dyno sheets get laid. WTF. The kit performs, end of story!

tillman speed

Reaction score
I followed the original thread..I really do not think they recieved three DIFFERENT blowers. I think that they got some new parts, like the MAF, tune, and then finally got a new unit....but three blowers..I do not think so.

At any rate, it would seem that those problems are gone, and like I said, the original thread is also gone. In the end results matter, and we are starting to see them now. So if I was in the market for a S/C, I really could care less what Tillmans was not able to do, but more on what others and proven RESULTS were.

Wow... I think I know what you mean, though. We receieved two units that both didnt make power, different MAFs, pulleys, tunes, etc. Nothing seemed to make a difference. The problem may still be fixable, so we'll find out... however, doesn't anyone want to give us the benefit of the doubt that we actually got a bad unit?

At LEAST 6 people tuned the car with the same results
We've had different blowers, o2 sensors, plugs, wideband sensors, etc.
Put another blower on and it makes power out of the box...

It's not what we weren't "able to do" its what the kits not doing!

Chris

Ninjak

Reaction score
Wow... I think I know what you mean, though. We receieved two units that both didnt make power, different MAFs, pulleys, tunes, etc. Nothing seemed to make a difference. The problem may still be fixable, so we'll find out... however, doesn't anyone want to give us the benefit of the doubt that we actually got a bad unit?

At LEAST 6 people tuned the car with the same results
We've had different blowers, o2 sensors, plugs, wideband sensors, etc.
Put another blower on and it makes power out of the box...

It's not what we weren't "able to do" its what the kits not doing!

Chris

I am basically commenting on someone else saying you had three complete different blowers and that is the reason why the Ede kit does not work. If you follow my threads on both forums I put no blame on anyone, but I will and still do say, others were able to get this kit to work.

For whatever the reason were, your kits did not work for you. because of this, every bench racer and critic is on the bashwagon against ede and every other installer who has gotten the kit to work has some secret agenda with ede. I am commenting on this, and I have never said you(Tillmans) did not have issues, nor was it your fault. But to say the kit is garbage because Tillmans did not get it to work is incorrect.

Of course I am not saying that Tillmans think the kit is garbage by the way.

tillman speed

Reaction score
I am basically commenting on someone else saying you had three complete different blowers and that is the reason why the Ede kit does not work. If you follow my threads on both forums I put no blame on anyone, but I will and still do say, others were able to get this kit to work.

For whatever the reason were, your kits did not work for you. because of this, every bench racer and critic is on the bashwagon against ede and every other installer who has gotten the kit to work has some secret agenda with ede. I am commenting on this, and I have never said you(Tillmans) did not have issues, nor was it your fault. But to say the kit is garbage because Tillmans did not get it to work is incorrect.

Of course I am not saying that Tillmans think the kit is garbage by the way.

Oh, no I got ya... no problem. Yeah, we had to actual chargers. I don't want people to be against Edelbrock, and I think they know that's not my intentions. Thats the other half of the reason why I got rid of that long post on The Mustang Source. I do, however, want my kit to be figured out, and if Edelbrock doesn't want to dig into it deeper, we sure will...

Chris

Reaction score
Chris,
If you have the time give me a call tomorrow, I would like to hear more of your exprience...First hand.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Wow.....that's just so.....so.....so......pathetic. Hush now, m'kay? The grown up people are talking.

Really,, Am I reading this correctly? Is this true? My whole world has just come crumbling down....

Seriously, Can we keep this on point, and shelf the sticks and stone stuff?
"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
I do, however, want my kit to be figured out, and if Edelbrock doesn't want to dig into it deeper, we sure will...

Good to hear you are into figuring out the issue! It's like beta testing software, doesn't do any good unless you help find out the problems :)

The grown up people are talking.
lol. aren't you the one who first started 'assuming' that people who don't drag race aren't getting laid?

Last edited:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Don, how much boost are you running? Anyone else want to chime in with their track numbers with a different blower for comparison? This is not in any way negative, I am simply curious
When mine went 10.37, it was on a 15psi pulley. On the dyno, it actually comes in at 15psi, and then at the end of the pull, spikes to 18psi.

N

navbtcret

I know this thread is not about my install as I am far from stock, but I drove the car over 700 miles round trip this weekend in the wind, rain and snow to race at Milan. I got there changes my rear tire to the DR's, adjusted my tokico's, got tech'd in and lined up for my first run ever with the blower. I have nothing to gain from Mike @ Powerhouse nor from Edelbrock, this kit performed flawlessly and better than I expected at 13 psi. It does what is advertised and more imho. I got no price break on the kit either, it is all out of my own pocket. I also got 19+ mpg for the trip too, it would have been better but mashing the gas pedal is just too tempting. :clap:

I had a gen 1 whipple on the car before this @ 10 psi and it ran great as well but I did run as well as this and I am only 3 psi higher with the Edelbrock.

The only major difference to the car from last year is I forged the motor but it still the stock compression, stock crank and heads. I do have Brenspeeds twinscrew grind cams on the car but they are a very mild grind and you can not hear them at all. How much did they add? I do not know but there site claims 20 rwhp so it not great gains but modest ones.

If anyone is thinking about this kit I would not be worried about buying one. I am sure if you have an issue with it edelbrock will stand behind their product, like they have for everything else they sell, for many years.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I know this thread is not about my install as I am far from stock, but I drove the car over 700 miles round trip this weekend in the wind, rain and snow to race at Milan. I got there changes my rear tire to the DR's, adjusted my tokico's, got tech'd in and lined up for my first run ever with the blower. I have nothing to gain from Mike @ Powerhouse nor from Edelbrock, this kit performed flawlessly and better than I expected at 13 psi. It does what is advertised and more imho. I got no price break on the kit either, it is all out of my own pocket. I also got 19+ mpg for the trip too, it would have been better but mashing the gas pedal is just too tempting. :clap:

I had a gen 1 whipple on the car before this @ 10 psi and it ran great as well but I did run as well as this and I am only 3 psi higher with the Edelbrock.

The only major difference to the car from last year is I forged the motor but it still the stock compression, stock crank and heads. I do have Brenspeeds twinscrew grind cams on the car but they are a very mild grind and you can not hear them at all. How much did they add? I do not know but there site claims 20 rwhp so it not great gains but modest ones.

If anyone is thinking about this kit I would not be worried about buying one. I am sure if you have an issue with it edelbrock will stand behind their product, like they have for everything else they sell, for many years.

:bravo:

Ninjak

Reaction score

Very well said :thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back