Getting 15" fronts to fit inside the wheel well

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am not sure this is of interest to anyone but thanks to BMR and the gang at MPH Racing my 15" front look a lot better. My setup is Holeshot wheels 15x4.5 in front and 15x10 in the back. I have always hated the fact that my front tires stick out about an inch and talked to BMR about custom A arms. They have a set that will work but it requires the use of a bump steer kit to get the alignment back to normal. I am posting before and after pic’s and have more if anyone wants them.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 135
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 134

ShaDi

forum member
Reaction score
man that looks so much better. any pic from standing in front of the car in line with the tire? will this also work on newer stangs?

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
That looks much better. The before pic is one of the main reasons I ditched my 15 by 3.75 Race stars.

cbrtrx

forum member
Reaction score
Very cool, another way is by putting on 11.5" front rotors and brackets and getting a 15" front rim with more offset. That way you don't have to mess with a arms and alignment so its quicker to go back to a street set up if needed.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very cool, another way is by putting on 11.5" front rotors and brackets and getting a 15" front rim with more offset. That way you don't have to mess with a arms and alignment so its quicker to go back to a street set up if needed.

For me it was that easy--I had bogart change the backspacing by milling off the spacer on the inside (that clears the stock brakes), and I put on some strange drag race brakes.

However--for a street driver wanting to retain the factory brakes, the different A-arm would be the way to go I would think---as a wheel with enough positive offset to get it under the car would hit the factory brakes (in a 15" wheel).

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
man that looks so much better. any pic from standing in front of the car in line with the tire? will this also work on newer stangs?

Here are two more... The a-arms are different but call BMR and see what they can do.

Attachments

• photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 86
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 89

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score

Where do the 11.5" brakes come from? 05-09 V6?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just saw this! Thanks for the call Jamie.

Yes, we have a version like this....well, actually only (1) set in Red left....for 2005-2009 cars. I guess, if I got enough interest, I could see about offering 1" shorter arms for you guys who want to "tuck" the fronts.

Jamie, I am very glad this worked for you. I was very curious to see, and it worked EXCELLENTLY!!!

auto02

HUGE member!
Reaction score

Yes, we have a version like this....well, actually only (1) set in Red left....for 2005-2009 cars. I guess, if I got enough interest, I could see about offering 1" shorter arms for you guys who want to "tuck" the fronts.

Jamie, I am very glad this worked for you. I was very curious to see, and it worked EXCELLENTLY!!!
Sure hope there is enough interest for the 10-14 cars as I would love to have a set of 1" shorter arms. Currently considering the adjustables but a 1" shorter arm would be great!:beerchug2:

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Thanks, really like how it looks.

forum member
Reaction score
I would be interested. Idea of cost?

Thanks.......TC

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had my 17x4.5" Racestars milled down 1/4" inch for perfect fit when I had my '05. Fit like a dream. I'll bet 15's could be milled too.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
as requested....

2nicrbr.jpg

10wpqnl.jpg

aytyxd.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back