GT and V6 differences engine swap in mind.

rugedraw

forum member
Reaction score
Get a 4cyl coupe, and drop a LS1 in it.

Oh, no..........sacrilege! lol No need for that......a 351W block is few hundred bucks, and a stroker kit (another $1,500, maybe?) will give you a 400 cu. in. small block than can EASILY put out 400hp+ & 450 lbs/ft+ of torque. All that, N/A!

Not trying to put down the LS1; it's a great engine. I've just never been of a fan of those Frankenstein conversions.

OP: The idea sounds good in theory, but I'm sure there are going to be other things coming up throughout this build that aren't going to allow you break even in the end. Remember; the GT has bigger brakes, too. Not just rotors and calipers, but the brake booster and maybe the brake lines. The radiator/cooling system may change, and the a/c components and other accessories may have to be adapted to fit the V8 engine, as well. The gauge cluster is only going to read 120mph. Also, to feed that hi-po engine, you'll probably need a dual fuel pump system off of a GT500.

Want my idea? Find a late model Lincoln Mark VIII, and get the 32V 4.6L drivetrain off of one of those. If you're going to do internals anyway, might as well stroke it to get a 5.0L 4V and make something special out of that. My :2cents:.

Eric298

Got V8?
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and as I said I was not trying to pick a fight or anything and the prices you showed here are indeed awesome pricing and the project sounds like it will be awesome as well good luck let us know how you make out. I guess I am just lazy cause it sounds like a lot of work to put out just to end back at a V6 mustang with GT parts other then the trans and the forged rotator assembly and rear end. But good luck man.

haha yea I mean I dont mind doing the work life is pretty boring right now until I go back playing ball again. Turning wrenches is a way of relaxing for me and if I can save a quite a few thousand on the way of an ultimate goal then for me its all good fun! I'm just waiting on mike from powerhouse reply now to see what else ill have to factor in for a swap.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back