Help-New Driveshaft: One piece bolt-in vs. Adapter plate???

crazytownpictures

forum member
Reaction score
I'm about to order a Shaftmasters alum driveshaft and their are two options and both are the same price. I believe they are rated at 750 HP.

One piece bolt-in or the one with adapter plate. Which one??? Details

I'm Cali time so all the shops are closed and all the creative Internet searching and digging has left me no where. Finally decided to post. This is my first thread and I can imagine it will be a very short one lol

Thank you guys

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I love the whip man, excellent choice on the wheel/tire combo. Very sick!

I got my 1 piece D/S from PowerHouse when they did a group buy, was an awesome deal and great customer service! The powerhouse came with an adapter plate for my '08 GT with 3650. I'm assuming the adapter was only needed because of the type of flange pattern on the pinion, compared to the driveshaft. If they show 2 different D/S pics (the adapter version and the stand-alone) look at the rear driveshaft flange and compare it to the pinion flange. The best thing you can do is talk to them directly, as I did with Powerhouse. I like to hear it from the horses mouth that I can install a part directly to my car without any funny business. I don't like to guess.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, didn't know that Gmitch.

Why not go with a steel through if your going to be launching the car.

xxxcobraxxx

forum member
Reaction score
I've had really good luck with my Coast Driveline Driveshaft. Check them out, they are in Cali and usually stock the shafts. Its a true 4 inch shaft that can handle alot of power!

AlloyGT

Lurker
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd call them, and talk to Dave. I have a Shaftmasters with the adapter plate, and it's been great. They didn't make a direct bolt in 4 years ago.

cjb7804

Reaction score
Have the Shaftmasters "direct bolt in" shaft, definately was a direct bolt in and haven't had any issues with it yet.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I have the shaftmasters bolt in, no adapter plate, no issues.

Reaction score
the driveshaft shop
http://www.driveshaftshop.com/domestic-driveshafts/ford

The Driveshaft Shop proudly introduces the new Mustang 3.5” 1-Piece Aluminum CV Shafts

1.1350 front u-joint with flange to mount up to the transmission
2. 3.5” 6061-T6 aluminum rated for 3450ft lbs of torque, custom welded on our auto feed machines
3. New version 300M Spline for the CV mount that is stronger than the rest of the shaft
4. Custom modified High Speed 108mm CV with special boot and grease.
5. Custom conversion plate (corrosion plated) to change from the stock Ford CV to our 108mm version
6. All Hardware included
7. 1 Year Warranty
8. 900HP Rated
9. Balanced on one of the most sophisticated balancing machines in the industry.
10. with the CV in the rear there is no need to change pinion angle on lowered cars.

crazytownpictures

forum member
Reaction score
I wanna thank everyone for their help and responses!

702 thank you for the ride comment ;) thanks bro

I talked to the guy first thing in the morning and went with the direct bolt in with no adapter plate. He had mentioned that they offered the adapter plate because so many others had and switching from aftermarket to aftermarket blah blah blah I stopped listening because he recommended the one piece and as I can see now this is the newer version compared to years ago when everyone was only doing adapter plates.

Thanks for the responses. Looks like u guys love it and it's working out well.

Mine should be here today

Cheers :)

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those are not “One Piece” driveshafts. They are two pieces with a big slip joint between them. The only one piece I know of is from PST. And for the same money they are rated at I think 1000hp.

Kind of hard to run a "one piece" on our cars since we don't have the slip yoke on our trans.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back