Hey Thump... question about the KB Snout Brace

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
PM-3002-KL.jpg

What good does it do? Just need a little more info on it... the only thing it said on the site was, "Heavy Duty CNC Machined Kenne Bell Snout Brace".

Just needing some info. :)

What models/year will it work on?

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
PM-3002-KL.jpg

What good does it do? Just need a little more info on it... the only thing it said on the site was, "Heavy Duty CNC Machined Kenne Bell Snout Brace".

Just needing some info. :)

What models/year will it work on?

It keeps the blower snout from flexing which keeps the belt in full contact with the pulley. It fits 2005-2010 3V 4.6L motors with a Kenne Bell Kit on them.

OK, my question. I have the BBR Methanol Plate on my car and need one 1" longer (from mounting point to sc snout). Can you make it or do I need to ditch the plate?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is the best piece. If yo ugot a 2.6L or a 2.4L blower. The plate the blower has on it that mounts it to the manifold is extremely thin. its about 10x as thin as the plate on the 2.8L. Start your car and have someone rev the engine while you watch the snout of the blower. you will see the entire blower and snout flex with the belt. it causes belt slip and can cause alignment problems when it flexes. For this reason, KB made the 2.8L plate ginormous compared to the previous plate that most of us have. This will mount under the snout using the 2 bolts that go into the water crossover tube. It will prevent the blower from flexing at all, and as stated in the post above, keeps the belt in full contact with the pulley. Ive had it on my car for over 2 years now without so much as a hiccup or issue. Worked so well I only recently switched from the prototype in the pics below for no other reason that the final version was prettier haha

The plate that flexes is highlighted in red
Picture002-1.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
I gotcha now... Thanks again, as usual, Ron. May think about this come tax time, I gotta get this damn lean bank 1 shit fixed first.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no problem man. not only does it ix the flex issue, it looks damn good, the finished one does, not the prototype pics haha

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I talked to them and it is no longer in production. However, it is easy enough to take a picture to a machine shop and have them cast one for you. Although I went that route and they wanted way too much for it.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If we can get a few people to buy it, like 5 or so, I am sure I can talk peter into making a few. Plans are stored, just a matter of tooling the CNC machine. You guys organize it, and ill talk to peter

UNICORN

forum member
Reaction score
If we can get a few people to buy it, like 5 or so, I am sure I can talk peter into making a few. Plans are stored, just a matter of tooling the CNC machine. You guys organize it, and ill talk to peter

great idea but I wanna now how much dose it cost you ? so I can decide it :)

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will ask him. I was the test car, so i didnt pay for it, lol

:moon:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with him. Original price was $90

He said he'd have to make about 10 of them to be cost effective to retool the machine. Since he would have to make 10, he would also reduce the price to $75. If you got more than 10 people, he could reduce the cost a bit more.

UNICORN

forum member
Reaction score
I will ask him. I was the test car, so i didnt pay for it, lol

:moon:

Just got off the phone with him. Original price was $90

He said he'd have to make about 10 of them to be cost effective to retool the machine. Since he would have to make 10, he would also reduce the price to $75. If you got more than 10 people, he could reduce the cost a bit more.

lool good 4 u .

cool I'm in , I think it's hard to find more than 10 people ,so it's me and I think Brezick want it 2

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
find me 5 total and I will convince him

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I am in, I took the pic to some local machine shops. The only one who was willing to do it wanted $400. No thanks.

jboss347

Reaction score
if you guys are still trying to do a group buy im in !!!! ill definatly take one

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back