I has two questions: larger rear calipers and e85

Drkmrkiv

forum member
Reaction score
I've noticed retailers are selling rear disc conversion kits that allow us to run 14 inch rotors via relocation brackets for the calipers. What about running 4 piston brembo (GT track, Boss, GT500) calipers on the rear? I know people sell brembo's for base model upgrades.
I understand there would be little performance increase as fronts do most of the work. Would this dramatically screw with brake bias? The only reason I'm axin this question is because they look nice and ... Really that's about it. My sponsor has an 11 z06 with the huge brembo's in the rear and they look nice. I occasionally track my car at local auto-x events and like to have fun on back roads. But I admit it would be mostly for appearances. Thoughts?

Second question: thoughts on running corn with bolt ons? Ie. manifold, LT's, o/r H and tune. I've recently read people are seeing decent gains by running e85 with a tune on a coyote with bolt ons.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
I've noticed retailers are selling rear disc conversion kits that allow us to run 14 inch rotors via relocation brackets for the calipers. What about running 4 piston brembo (GT track, Boss, GT500) calipers on the rear? I know people sell brembo's for base model upgrades.
I understand there would be little performance increase as fronts do most of the work. Would this dramatically screw with brake bias? The only reason I'm axin this question is because they look nice and ... Really that's about it. My sponsor has an 11 z06 with the huge brembo's in the rear and they look nice. I occasionally track my car at local auto-x events and like to have fun on back roads. But I admit it would be mostly for appearances. Thoughts?

Second question: thoughts on running corn with bolt ons? Ie. manifold, LT's, o/r H and tune. I've recently read people are seeing decent gains by running e85 with a tune on a coyote with bolt ons.

Fixed calipers on the rear will NOT work unless you devise a way to allow the caliper to move with the axles and rotors as there is slack in the axles because of the C-Clip design. That is why most kits that have fixed rear calipers are more expensive than the fixed front calipers. Don't believe me on the C-Clips, then go jack up the back end of your car and tug and push on your wheels and there will be some slack there. It gets worse as the T-Lok wears.

Also, yes it would mess with your brake bias without an increase in the front rotor size. They also wouldn't do much of anything because almost all of your braking force is done by the fronts.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back