In car vid from atco 5/4/13

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
A friend was nice enough to let me borrow his gopro so i can see what I'm doing when i race. Lucky for me it was also a perfect light run as well. My car is dialed way back and has stock mufflers so it is dead quiet.

For those not familiar why my hand flies up, I use a delay box and race in the Super Pro points class at atco so I am releasing the button which activates the timer in the delay box and the car launches once the timer counts down.

Being the first car out the perfect .000 light also got me the bye run first round. I still love it when people come up to me thinking I have no clue what I'm doing since I race a modern street driven car in Super Pro. I pulled off to the side for first round since i had the bye run and two guys came up to me and said I'm in the wrong lane. When i told them I had the bye they couldn't believe it :)

Last edited:

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Forgive my stupidity, but isn't that like cheating? You cut a perfect light, but only by using a device to help you. Maybe I just don't understand the whole thing.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
The Super Pro class is full electronics...I am still at a disadvantage because most of the cars running in it also have either pneumatic or electric shifters to automatically shift their transmissions based on a timer. A delay box is an almost required device to run in this class and is in no way cheating.

It still requires the driver to be able to release the button at the exact same time every time when the top bulb drops on the tree so there is still high accuracy involved.

http://www.outlawsatatco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Super-Pro-ET.pdf

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice pass James

Who the hell were you running? He smoked your ass! :lol:

Looks like you fabbed up a nice shifter plate set up.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Nice pass James

Who the hell were you running? He smoked your ass! :lol:

Looks like you fabbed up a nice shifter plate set up.

That is another car built by the same guy who built my current engine and does any in-depth work I'm not able to on my car. The guy driving is a real good guy, Jay Neville who is using the car in Super Gas running 9.90 with a throttle stop. The car will go very low 9's all out. The crazy thing is when I turn up my boost my current engine makes more power than the big block in that thunderbird. We figured out that if we put my engine which is about 300-400lbs lighter that car would run mid 8's easily if not faster.

I don't know where I am in points after yesterday but before that race I was 9th out of 69 in the points!

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Cool video James!

Thanks. The guy who let me use his GoPro runs the bracketracing.com website and of course the same guy who built my engine did his as well. It was cool to actually see me go through the motions during the timeshot compared to just having my phone taking the video from the windshield.

Good job James!

Thanks!

Couldn't be doing this without your knowledge and tuning for sure!!! :highfive:

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Forgive my stupidity, but isn't that like cheating? You cut a perfect light, but only by using a device to help you. Maybe I just don't understand the whole thing.

You got no shot at all without a delay box when running super pro. Those rails are all using them and they are super consistant.
You can run pro class, but that also takes away from using transbrake/2step in that class.

How did you do all in all James?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
You got no shot at all without a delay box when running super pro. Those rails are all using them and they are super consistant.
You can run pro class, but that also takes away from using transbrake/2step in that class.

How did you do all in all James?

I made it to the 3rd round but I didn't lower my dial enough, got on the brakes late and broke out. It got sooo much colder by third round it was crazy. My two time shots the DA was in the 1300's and by third round it was below 100 DA!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMG_8925.jpg

http://gonedragracing.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=41649&fullsize=1

IMG_8926.jpg

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Great driving James! Pics are awesome too! I see some light under those tires!!

Hehe...that's with the power turned all the way down on the car too. I'm pretty sure when i turn it up when I run low 10's from time to time both tires have to be up. Those pictures are only low 1.6x 60's but when I turn it up it does 1.43 60's all day long.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Nice Run Man! I bet you would have gone faster without that hood...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back