JDM Catch-can...

mAnYsTyLeS

forum member
Reaction score
Is it needed for all automatic Mustangs? I heard that stock mustangs and modded mustangs tend to spill some fluid. Would it be beneficial to get one?

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Is it needed for all automatic Mustangs? I heard that stock mustangs and modded mustangs tend to spill some fluid. Would it be beneficial to get one?
"All" is a fairly broad term. However, I have one on my 05.

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I first really ran mine and parked it I noticed some fluid and it didn't do it again till I put the Whipple on it. I went ahead and got the can after that. I didn't want it to continue, but I belive it would have stopped after it found it's level. I didn't want that lower level. When I put the can on I added some to the can to make myself feel better.

mAnYsTyLeS

forum member
Reaction score
I see - you're both also supercharged so I'm wondering if this is something that higher HP'd cars should worry about (e.g., my transmission cooler post some time ago).

I'm getting the PA deep oil pan installed and I just want to make sure I do whatever else is needed while the car is up on the lift (in the transmission area).

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
I HIGHLY recommend one for any car using a tune, JDM or otherwise. Higher shift pressures really increase the rate and frequency of the automatic burping little bits of fluid.

I just don't want to see people burning up automatics because it evacuated a little bit here and a little bit here and all of a sudden you're down a couple quarts. Or worse our guys/girls at the track chucking fluid under a set of hot slicks at 17psi doing a buck twenty...

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
pic

I don't have mine installed yet, but here is a pic of the can. I did a small mod to mine to allow the ability to easily add fluid. There are a few older posts with pics installed, I think it was tmcolegr?? I, like Chris think they are a great idea. Several cans out there you could use for this application. good luck!

Last edited:

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
Haha you beat me to that link thanks tm
akula, how dare you modify our products!!! looks sweet bro

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Mine installed very well and looked like a very nice piece.

Last edited:

mAnYsTyLeS

forum member
Reaction score
I HIGHLY recommend one for any car using a tune, JDM or otherwise. Higher shift pressures really increase the rate and frequency of the automatic burping little bits of fluid.

I just don't want to see people burning up automatics because it evacuated a little bit here and a little bit here and all of a sudden you're down a couple quarts. Or worse our guys/girls at the track chucking fluid under a set ofhot slicks at 17psi doing a buck twenty...

Your shop is doing some installations for me in June so I might add the catch-can into the mix. I sent you guys an email about it...

Gus

:thumb:

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The only somewhat hard part is getting to the 90 at the top rear of the transmission to attach the hose. On a lift with thin arms it's no problem. On your back on a creeper it seemed impossible.

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
The only somewhat hard part is getting to the 90 at the top rear of the transmission to attach the hose. On a lift with thin arms it's no problem. On your back on a creeper it seemed impossible.

We would be happy to install these for any customers who did not want to struggle with installing it themselves.

:beer:

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
If you're referring to the fitting on the trans. extension housing, did you know that fitting pulls straight up out of the transmission with little to no effort?

I was struggling to remove the hose from the fitting with the fitting still in the transmission. I then found out you can pull straight up on the fitting and it will come out of the transmission case. You can then install the hose for the catch can and reinstall the fitting with the hose already attached.

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I better pick one up myself.

My car did this before the Whipple also, just not as much.

Do you have any torque converter ?
No deep pan ?

hope to avoid it with the PA Pan, at least i could refill it with it.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a catch can that has been sitting around my casa for almost a year now, and I need to put it on the car. BUT, is it still necessary if I get a PA Deep Sump Pan w/dipstick?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I have a catch can that has been sitting around my casa for almost a year now, and I need to put it on the car. BUT, is it still necessary if I get a PA Deep Sump Pan w/dipstick?
Yes mine still blew fluid everywere with the pan and extra fluid.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back