Luckily had one in my Trunk!

07 Boss

Reaction score
Was taking one of the final turns on my way home for a couple hour break from work. Took it rather enthusiastically as I kind of drive her like she's stolen. As I was just past the apex, heard a clunk as the suspension went over a bump and then the body shifted sideways like i was going to lose it but the tires kept tracking. It was a weird feeling. Then I heard a metallic bouncing sound so I pulled over and this is what I found.

I was only a few hundred feet from my house so I limped her home at idle riding the brake dragging the panhard bar down my street. Seemed like the all the neighbors happened to be outside today as they stared at me dragging my shit home. Kinda embarrassing. Luckily I just happened to have a spare one in my trunk. Spent my relaxation break under my car throwing a new bar on there. I just eyeballed it and will adjust it later but I got back to work without any hiccups.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Was taking one of the final turns on my way home for a couple hour break from work. Took it rather enthusiastically as I kind of drive her like she's stolen. As I was just past the apex, heard a clunk as the suspension went over a bump and then the body shifted sideways like i was going to lose it but the tires kept tracking. It was a weird feeling. Then I heard a metallic bouncing sound so I pulled over and this is what I found.

I was only a few hundred feet from my house so I limped her home at idle riding the brake dragging the panhard bar down my street. Seemed like the all the neighbors happened to be outside today as they stared at me dragging my shit home. Kinda embarrassing. Luckily I just happened to have a spare one in my trunk. Spent my relaxation break under my car throwing a new bar on there. I just eyeballed it and will adjust it later but I got back to work without any hiccups.

Be alright..............your neighbors may be jealous of you since you own\drive vehicles w\ enough power to actually break stuff...........

;)

07 Boss

Reaction score
What brand broke?

Well it was not a manufacturer issue. I spun my car out a while ago and it got bent. It broke right at the bend and it looked like it's been hanging on for a while. So I bought another one and never got it on there as it was not a handling issue. I mean why would anyone have an extra panhard bar just lying around? But to answer your question, all of my suspension is BMR. I like them, customer service there has always been incredible.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

I had the same adjustable BMR PHB on my 2010 years ago. It's a superb unit. Just make sure you also install the mating BMR PHB brace....(rectangular tubing). The oem brace is junk.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Who the hell has a extra pan hard bar in their trunk?!?! Lol

You been good?

Yeah, pretty effin crazy to just happen to have a part sitting there.

Been good bro. Sad to say though I think I'm getting ready to sell my Mustang. With the economy so effed up I'm gonna need the funds to buy a motor for my FireChicken. I plan on this car scaring the shit out of me when I'm done.

JC SSP

Reaction score
Post pics of Trans Am bro. I was a Pontiac guy way before I was Ford owner.

Most young people don’t even know what they are.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Post pics of Trans Am bro. I was a Pontiac guy way before I was Ford owner.

Most young people don’t even know what they are.

Well she's not a TransAm or Formula or anything special, just one step up from the base model. But she was cheap and since I'm gonna turn it into a racecar so I didn't want to tear up something cool.

Finished the front end suspension and brakes.

Gott put together the rear end together and mini-tub it. The engine block in the background was what I was going to put in there. Bored and stroked big block but I have decided to go all out with an 9 liter aluminum Dart big block. With a 250 shot I ought to reach my goal of 850 hp at the motor. My wife said this is my last build so I'm planning on pulling the front wheels off the ground in an all steel, all glass street monster.

Couple more pics for your viewing pleasure.

And my other Pontiac project. She's down right now but she will be my daily soon.

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
Boss you need a "Bigger garage"

Yeah that would be nice. I have to shuffle cars around when I work on them. It was the best deal when we bought. I had a house picked out with a 3 car garage but it was 20 yrs old. This one was brand new. My wife wanted it more. But the real bummer is that when I went to purchase a 2-post lift I found out I could not drill the garage floor to install it. Curse of modern cable tension reinforced concrete instead of normal rebar.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
You could have the floor x-rayed so you don’t hit the cables couldn’t you?

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah that would be nice. I have to shuffle cars around when I work on them. It was the best deal when we bought. I had a house picked out with a 3 car garage but it was 20 yrs old. This one was brand new. My wife wanted it more. But the real bummer is that when I went to purchase a 2-post lift I found out I could not drill the garage floor to install it. Curse of modern cable tension reinforced concrete instead of normal rebar.

Oh. Interesting. I need to take a closer look at my garage before purchasing a lift. I should be good. A neighbor has a 2-post.

07 Boss

Reaction score
You could have the floor x-rayed so you don’t hit the cables couldn’t you?

I guess I could of. Got a Quick Jack now and its sufficient. Not anything close to having a lift but it works. When I expatriate to Costa Rica I will definitely have one built with the house. I plan on building a daytona coupe as my retirement hobby.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
1st time I have ever heard of.......'modern cable tension reinforced concrete'. I will have to research this method.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back