My 5.4L 3V N/A build thread

Deric

Reaction score
Interested in the plates as well. I plan on getting a set machined if there's nothing already out there. I keep hearing of a few places promising them but have yet to see a set.

Last edited:

undrprsr

Reaction score
Any updates??? Would this swap be worth doing if your keeping the engine pretty stock other than bolt ons. Would it react better to bolt ons compaired to a 4.6??
Also, what kinda power can the stock internals handle under boost??

Sorry for the 1000 questions, just think its a kick ass swap.

05xgt

Reaction score
Question about the heads. Are you using the 4.6 heads, or the 5.4 heads? I'm starting a build of a 5.4 as well and was wondering if the 4.6 heads will fit the Iron 5.4 block.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Question about the heads. Are you using the 4.6 heads, or the 5.4 heads? I'm starting a build of a 5.4 as well and was wondering if the 4.6 heads will fit the Iron 5.4 block.

5.4 3v heads are the same as the 4.6 3v heads. There is no difference, they are interchangable.

travelers

Reaction score
If I was going to change heads I would go with the up dated spark plug heads, 08 and a half and later.

spyder7724

Reaction score
any updates sir?

soryy for being MIA for so long. wasn't feeling too hot there for a while.
everything is good now and even starting another business doing energy consulting.
anyway my intake manifold is finished and i'm going to pick it up saturday morning...will post pics then...
engine engine will be totally assembled by sunday and as soon as PA gets more 8 bolt flexplates SFI certified i'll swap it in.

refresher of what it is
Naturally Aspirated !!
5.4 3V 12:1 compression,CNC heads, custom comp solid roller cams, custom JPC sheetmetal style intake manifold etc. etc. etc.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good to see you posting again, can't wait to see what kind of times you post with this combo.

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
those flat tops arent going to be a problem with such an aggressive cam?

Cool build BTW..........trying to get mine done right now also

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
soryy for being MIA for so long. wasn't feeling too hot there for a while.
everything is good now and even starting another business doing energy consulting.
anyway my intake manifold is finished and i'm going to pick it up saturday morning...will post pics then...
engine engine will be totally assembled by sunday and as soon as PA gets more 8 bolt flexplates SFI certified i'll swap it in.

refresher of what it is
Naturally Aspirated !!
5.4 3V 12:1 compression,CNC heads, custom comp solid roller cams, custom JPC sheetmetal style intake manifold etc. etc. etc.

Welcome back, I'm glad your better now.

spyder7724

Reaction score
Well kiss my ass. He IS still alive. :evil:
Ha ha
That crap can't keep me down forever...well...i guess it could have but i won again....for now.

as far as the flat tops go Jim III has been running flat tops in his and has a cam close to mine and he even still has some function of the VCT in his which will only decrease piston to valve clearance so I think I'll be fine but I'm still clay checking it when I degree the cams in. it really would suck to bend so many nice valves and mess up a new engine at the initial startup.
mine is a 5.4 but they use the same piston as a 4.6 only with the added stroke of the 5.4 that same piston gives 12:1 (5.4)instead of 11:1 (4.6)with our heads (approx.51cc)

one other thing i finally saw a set of the FRPP chrome powder coated valve covers and man do they look good. now i've got to budget in a set of those....damn it.

spyder7724

Reaction score
Give me a call sometime, Ron!
How bout now?

here's the intake from JPC for the 5.4's
it is a very special order item...meaning this is the only one right now but ehy will make it available as an option.
the pictures don't do it justice. it looks damn nice and i haven't even polished it yet.

Attachments

• 5.4 intake JPC 001.jpg
    5.4 intake JPC 001.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 5.4 intake JPC 002.jpg
    5.4 intake JPC 002.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 5.4 intake JPC 003.jpg
    5.4 intake JPC 003.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 5.4 intake JPC 004.jpg
    5.4 intake JPC 004.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 156

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back