my KB install thread

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1.how do i change the oil on the blower...theres a plug shown but i couldnt find it?

2.how many miles do you cange the oil too?

3.how do you hook up gauges to it?

4.am i gonna need aligment now since the weight is on there

5.WHICH INSURANCE COMPANY WILL INSURE SUPERCHARGED AND MODIFIED CARS FOR WHAT YOU PAID FOR THE PARTS

first lets keep the text regular size so it doesn't take up my whole screen please, heh

1. you suck it out with a suction gun or a mity vac vacuum pump
2. Change the oil every 12k miles or so. I do mine more often as I race and its cheap insurance to making sure everything stays lubricated
3. You install gauges as per the instructions that come with the gauges you buy, be it mechanical or electrical. Electrical are tons easier but more expensive
4. no you haven't touched any steering components or front suspension components. Or at least you shouldn't have
5. Just don't tell the insurance company

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
as far as your other question it holds aprox 4oz of oil. any more and you will over fill it and see it start to seep out from the bolt holding the S/C pulley to the blower.

HEAVYGT

forum member
Reaction score
http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_billet_strut_tower_brace.php

The Steeda Billet one will fit, but you need the Steeda or JDM engine mounts.

RoushEnginebay_0387.jpg

Love the clean look of your bay...

DSC02614.jpg

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
I'm impressed you got the install done so quickly.
If I would've done it myself it would've take longer,I did it with my boy...I did all the work on my car,he's pretty good as far as mechanical stuff goes,we're both carpenters dough:thumb:+ the instructions are SOOOOOOOO easy....really,like as long as you're not going ahead of yourself and....it was the first time.....if we do it now we should be able to do it in 10-11h sonce you know where everything goes+all the parts fit like a glove(good job KB:thumb:)....I'm getting the IC and going 10 psi in the summer FO SHOOOOOOOOOO:LMAO:

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
USAA will insure modded cars and their parts.

Good to know...I've never called and asked them. Guessing you have your car insured through them? Do they increase the premium based on the value of the car?

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think your talking about USAA. I do have my car insured through them, but not the mods. I have a friend who did that through USAA and his ins was more because of it I'm pretty sure.

HEAVYGT

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice looking engine bay. Love the blue, especially the pulley. Powder coat?

Thanks for the kind words, but not mine, just showing the strut bar.
This one is mine:
KBinstall3006Small-1.jpg

Oh ok...i was debating on whether to get a strut tower brace. I like your bay as well...still nice. Yes everything was powder coated. I decided on that blue because I have yet to see any other car with that color in their bay.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think your talking about USAA. I do have my car insured through them, but not the mods. I have a friend who did that through USAA and his ins was more because of it I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, I fixed the quote. I guess I should ask them sometime. I would not have a problem paying a slightly higher premium of they cover the mods.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If anything ever happens to Megan, I'm buying her back from the ins company, and if I can't rebuild her, I'll use as many parts as I can on the donor car that replaces her.

jason0156

Kenne Bell Time
Reaction score
Just to let u Know that dowes corning silicon Kenne Bell includes in the kit. Is no joke to break Loose. 3 guys and a 4x4 under the blower snout to break it loose.

HEAVYGT

forum member
Reaction score
Just to let u Know that dowes corning silicon Kenne Bell includes in the kit. Is no joke to break Loose. 3 guys and a 4x4 under the blower snout to break it loose.

Ya its a real pain in the ass to get that blower off

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting - that actually doesn't look all that bad.

I'm not a real mechanical guy but me and a friend did put longtube headers in my car. That job was more about patience in tight spaces than anything else.

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
maxpayne -

How much boost did you run without the IC?

How's not having the IC working out for you? No IC makes me nervous, but admittedly I am ignorant of what all the impacts of that are.

About that hole you had to cut for the CAI - do you think that weakened the body structure any? Was there any kind of a brace to put in and re-strengthen that part of the car?

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
I take it you have to remove the front bumper to clean the air filter? Guess me and the front bumper are gonna get to be close friends.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back