my KB install thread

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Just wanted to Say congrats! Nice write up and I loved the pictures (very jealous!!!)

Enjoy and drive carefully!
Thanks.You're in dubai?I have a friend that is a stewardess for FLY EMIRATES....She merried some local guy there(not a stewardes anymore LOL) and send me photos of his garage.....damn you guys got some serious $$$ down there.....it was like a dealers showroom with all different kind of 100k+ rides...are you from here and live there or you're born there?
Thanks(about the car)...it is really a whole different kind of animal now it's insane....yours looks bad ass too!!!I like the hood,

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks

I am from South Africa originally but live in Dubai now where cars are cheap and gas is cheaper.

Post some vids up or the links once your car is running. I want to hear the whine.....love that sound!

Also feel free to join the emirates mustang club forum too if you want to nose around.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Sorry to dredge this up... but the ONE thing I am wondering, is if you have any more infor on the wiring of everything. In that one photo, you have what looks like that WHOLE right side of the wiring harness out of it's loom.

DSCN0858-1.jpg

A few more details if you will... I get to tackle a job like this in August when I get home from Iraq and install my 2.6H myself.

Thanks man.

Last edited:

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Sorry to dredge this up... but the ONE thing I am wondering, is if you have any more infor on the wiring of everything. In that one photo, you have what looks like that WHOLE right side of the wiring harness out of it's loom.

DSCN0858-1.jpg

A few more details if you will... I get to tackle a job like this in August when I get home from Iraq and install my 2.6H myself.

Thanks man.
I had to take it all out because I had to route the wires for the throtle body on the other side.....and thats it.You dont cut or splice nothing....justtake the wires out and moove them....and then put the rest of them back where they were!

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
I had to take it all out because I had to route the wires for the throtle body on the other side.....and thats it.You dont cut or splice nothing....justtake the wires out and moove them....and then put the rest of them back where they were!

So there is no cutting or ANYTHING to do with the whole harness, just rearranging and recovering everything back up? Good deal... good to know.

How about the MAF wiring?

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So there is no cutting or ANYTHING to do with the whole harness, just rearranging and recovering everything back up? Good deal... good to know.

How about the MAF wiring?

Yes, there is cutting of the MAF wiring. The entire MAF wiring is cut and soldered to an extension that runs to the new MAF location behind the passenger headlight. The IAT wires are cut and sodlered to the new IAT sensor that is located in the intercooler, front/top/driver side. There is also some cutting of the stock wiring in the trunk for the KB boost a pump.

It's not that hard, but then again, I've installed a few dozen car stereos, speakers, amplifiers, and alarms, so I am kind of used to it.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Yes, there is cutting of the MAF wiring. The entire MAF wiring is cut and soldered to an extension that runs to the new MAF location behind the passenger headlight. The IAT wires are cut and sodlered to the new IAT sensor that is located in the intercooler, front/top/driver side. There is also some cutting of the stock wiring in the trunk for the KB boost a pump.

It's not that hard, but then again, I've installed a few dozen car stereos, speakers, amplifiers, and alarms, so I am kind of used to it.

Good deal... thanks for the info hatchman. you guys have eased my only one worry that I have had about the install, and that is the wiring.

Doesn't seem to be too hard at all. I think I should be ok. I have a pretty good knowledge of electrical wiring, and know how to read schematics, so I SHOULD be ok. :):beerchug2:

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score

Oh yes I forgot about that....there's 4wire that you cut and solder it to extend it...and the you put together your own plug with the other end of those 4 wires.....nothing really big....dude I'm a carpenter and a poker dealer,and my boy is a seafood chef.....and we put it together no problems at all....you should do it....havent done any other kits myself....but I've heard that the KB's are the ones with the easyest instructions

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back