My V6 -> 5.4 Swap.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun build. Where did you get that radiator so cheap? Wanna hook me up with one? haha

spyder7724

Reaction score
i like it already.:thumb: looks a bit familiar :) i should have started with a V6 as well. one hint of advise for intake clearance: you can turn the trans crossmember upside down ( remove trans mount and exhaust hangers and mount them to the underside of the crossmember) and reinstall it so that it drops the engine down enough for the intake to clear the lip on the firewall. i used a set of prothane mounts and removed the top urethane donut to lower the front of the engine as well. all this also helps when using 4.6 long tube headers.
if you need any pics or help just shout.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Haha thanks guys. I'll keep the text to a minimum and update with pictures whenever I can.

Trying to get this swap done before i'm no longer a teenager haha, and it's hard when you don't have parental backing or support. But knowing that it's all built and funded by me working 60+ hours a week makes the swap all worth it.

Now I just need to get it done before college starts back up again...

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Nice, K!!! Will that front cover work or are you going to have to find a different one?

Rip that fan off, lay that intake in place, and shoot a pic...that's gonna look sweet!

Anxious to see it when you're done.

(yeah, get me a good deal on one of them radiators ;) ;) )

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
That's bad ass Kuro. I've been planning on doing the same thing. Good luck!!

TexStang

Reaction score
I work at a small performance shop in Austin called Boost Logic. We're fabbing the intake manifold in house to fit the 5.4 Unless your really good with aluminum I wouldn't recommend buying the intake unassembled.

I'm dropping one motor in, and getting the other one built.

Figured it was about time I post my little project. I'll take some detailed pics tomorrow when im at work.
lol @ small shop. I've seen some of the boost logic cars before. Pretty sick stuff. If I remember correctly y'all built SW's supra right?

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
310d78b9.jpg

sending off my valve covers to the coaters tomorrow. I'm doing all my evap in AN fittings and hose. Went ahead and welded the bungs on the cover. Our main fabricator had fun welding aluminium to magneisum but it looks great. On my iPhone right now so I can't really type up a whole lot

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
if i remember correctly, boost logic used to be in Houston also. They mainly did alot of imports

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Very nice! Where in Austin is the shop at?

620/Anderson Mill.

That's a pretty awesome build, specially for a 19 yr old! Cheap price on longblocks too!

Thanks man! Yea, took some shopping around but sure enough two popped up locally for very cheap.

lol @ small shop. I've seen some of the boost logic cars before. Pretty sick stuff. If I remember correctly y'all built SW's supra right?

Yea, 246 in the standing mile on a stock Supra TT 6 speed and rear end.

So what are you studying in college? Gonna be a sweet build

Mass Communication and Advertisement with a minor in Arabic. Kind of a departure from the Mechanical Engineers that frequent this place.

if i remember correctly, boost logic used to be in Houston also. They mainly did alot of imports

Always been in Austin, Texas.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
310d78b9.jpg

sending off my valve covers to the coaters tomorrow. I'm doing all my evap in AN fittings and hose. Went ahead and welded the bungs on the cover. Our main fabricator had fun welding aluminium to magneisum but it looks great. On my iPhone right now so I can't really type up a whole lot

I've been considering this for my valve covers as well. Should I make note that they are made of magnesium to the welder beforehand? Does anyone know what one should expect in terms of cost to have something like that done?

Good looking project so far!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back