My V6 -> 5.4 Swap.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Very nice build, can't wait to see it as you continue through it. As for Boost Logic, i have seen a GT-R that was down in FL by me that has some kind of graphic on the side and it said boost logic.. Car looked fricken sick, it was a red one.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for all the support guys. As for the radiator, I got it from a friend. He started a build and never followed through. As for my CR, i'll have to wait and see; it'll probably be almost a year before i'm ready. Being in college puts a damper on all of my funds.

As for the 2JZ swap, I was planning it(because we do a lot of Supra work and know those motors inside and out) until I came across the trans/ecu/harness from an 07 GT and decided to just go ahead and do a badass V8 swap.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
You're not the only one in college doing a huge build, so I feel your pain

Yea man, you know what it's like if your privately funding it also haha. I just keep setting stupid goals; like trying to have the swap done before I turn 20 in February.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Haha I'm a tad bit older than you but I know how it is. I got lucky with funding for school but the car is another story haha I don't really have much left to my name after my build :( two years in the making haha

ReMustang05

forum member
Reaction score
one hint of advise for intake clearance: you can turn the trans crossmember upside down ( remove trans mount and exhaust hangers and mount them to the underside of the crossmember) and reinstall it so that it drops the engine down enough for the intake to clear the lip on the firewall. i used a set of prothane mounts and removed the top urethane donut to lower the front of the engine as well. all this also helps when using 4.6 long tube headers.
if you need any pics or help just shout.

If you just flip the trans mount only this will cause the motor to lean back towards the driver and a drivetrain shutter around 15-18mph.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Not me I like my rice as a side dish.:thumb2: He just posted he was doing a monster 2jz swap somewhere else and then I see this thread.

If by monster build you mean a stock 2JZGTE with head studs and a new headgasket, then yea, it was a pretty monster build.

Stock for stock the 2JZ is a better built motor.

Last edited:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
If you just flip the trans mount only this will cause the motor to lean back towards the driver and a drivetrain shutter around 15-18mph.

Well, he WILL have to flip the mount over from the V6 position, as it will indeed make the engine tilt too far back. Forgot that as part of my conversion!

And will need a proper isolator mount for the trans.

Didnt have any shudder, though.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
If by monster build you mean a stock 2JZGTE with head studs and a new headgasket, then yea, it was a pretty monster build.

Stock for stock the 2JZ is a better built motor.
No I mean the swap with 67mm turbo, stand alone management system, 700 rwhp build. Yeah thats a monster build for most. And the last statement true or not will not make you the most popular guy here.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
No I mean the swap with 67mm turbo, stand alone management system, 700 rwhp build. Yeah thats a monster build for most. And the last statement true or not will not make you the most popular guy here.

Well im planning on doing a 76 and built motor on this build once it's running, is that still a monster build?

And any true gear head can appreciate the fact that the 2JZ is a great piece of engineering.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Well im planning on doing a 76 and built motor on this build once it's running, is that still a monster build?

And any true gear head can appreciate the fact that the 2JZ is a great piece of engineering.
Yes it still is.:thumb2: Agreed on the second. Good luck on your project.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back