Mysterious P2196 and P2198 Codes.

Dacoda Williams

Reaction score
Afternoon. I'm ready to beat my head into a wall on this one. I've got myself a 2007 4.0 Auto Mustang. After letting the car sit for roughly a year, I've decided to get it fitted up for my sister's oldest so he can use it as his first car. After pulling the car out of storage (my yard), I was able to get it started up, even though the car really didn't want to run at first, it seemed very hard to crank and would BOG down low. Only codes that popped up were codes for upstream and downstream O2. I remembered I had some old tunes for this car stored in my BAMA account, as I now use the tuner for my 06 GT. After flashing a tune mainly for the use of disabling the downstream O2 the car ran MUCH better, but I am still left scratching my head and I am getting BOTH a p2196 and p2198 which are both for system too rich. Before the car sat for about a year I had done a new pump and filter and it had no issues when I was still driving it. Along with recently I have changed out my Exhaust pressure valve, the little canister thing mounted on the fender, and I checked all my vacuum lines and I cant seem to find a leak. Any help would be greatly appreciated. For reference I did just put a new transmission in it aswell, I DID check if I had managed to cross the O2's but didn't seem like it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back