Need head oil flow diagram

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I need a head diagram of the 3v head that shows the oil flow direction through the head. I have the vct deleted and would like to get rid of the vct unit and solenoids. I am aware of the plates that MMR sales , but don't feel like gambling on those guy again. I feel I could make them very easily if I knew how the oil flow in and out of the vct.

That being said , if anyone knows of another company that sales delete plates then please post them up.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Here you go.. its a little complex though....

m-6007-3v46.jpg

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Not quite what I am looking for ... LOL!

haha.. sorry dude.. after I posted that I tired looking for 10 minutes on the internet..then ran down stairs to see if there is anything in my Chiltons and Its not here =-/ We might need SD or someone with ski matics .

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
haha.. sorry dude.. after I posted that I tired looking for 10 minutes on the internet..then ran down stairs to see if there is anything in my Chiltons and Its not here =-/ We might need SD or someone with ski matics .
Yea, Ive was searching for an hr or more before I poste the thread .

lito

forum member
Reaction score
MMR sells the delete plates with the galleys interconnection engraved.

Out of my head, in the R head flow enters in the rear and there are two galleys, each galley can be accessed by the rear, each has its own plug, both galleys are interconnected, the upper galley is the one that feeds the lifters, both (I'm sure the lower is, not totally sure on the upper) are capped by the VCT housing. The L head has only one galley because it gets fed by the front.

I think I have some printed material somewhere.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
MMR sells the delete plates with the galleys interconnection engraved.

Out of my head, in the R head flow enters in the rear and there are two galleys, each galley can be accessed by the rear, each has its own plug, both galleys are interconnected, the upper galley is the one that feeds the lifters, both (I'm sure the lower is, not totally sure on the upper) are capped by the VCT housing. The L head has only one galley because it gets fed by the front.

I think I have some printed material somewhere.
Thanks Lito . If you find that diagram that would be helpful.
I have a pic of the MMR plates , but dont trust them enough to go off it.

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Has anyone used this kit from MMR and can verify that the grooves in the plates look like the ones pictured above ?

Reason ask is there are two ports in the head that go to the front cam retainer . One seems to oil the cam and the other seems to oil the same area but the one in the front leads to the cam phaser. On the MMR plates one side goes to the front hole and the other goes to the rear hole .

If anyone has a diagram that shows the oil flow direction of these heads that would help alot . I have searched and searched to no avail.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dont buy anything from MMR. If you do, you will wonder why your motor blew up.

FUCK MMR

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Dont buy anything from MMR. If you do, you will wonder why your motor blew up.

FUCK MMR
Im not , Fuck MMR ! I am well aware of MMR . That is why I want to make my own . Lets face it all I am doing is removeing a part and need to connect the oiling ports . I just cant fint the flow diagrams anywhere.

Here is a pic I marked up that I borrowed from another member to explain what I am referring to.

Last edited:

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You should be able to use the plate that are on the V-10 heads. They do not use VCT and have sort of a "delete" plate, if you want to call it that.
If you're not in too big of a hurry, I can get you pictures in about a week and a half when I get back home again, as I have a 3 valve V-10 project on the go.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
You should be able to use the plate that are on the V-10 heads. They do not use VCT and have sort of a "delete" plate, if you want to call it that.
If you're not in too big of a hurry, I can get you pictures in about a week and a half when I get back home again, as I have a 3 valve V-10 project on the go.
Very interesting . Yes I would love that pic. when you get time . I will do some searching on that that in the mean time. Thanks.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Here is a pic I marked up that I borrowed from another member to explain what I am referring to.

You didn't have to download it and upload it again. I wouldn't have minded you just linking straight to it. :)

FlyByNight

Banned
Reaction score
I to would like to see an oil flow diagram or flow chart for the VCT, little help or maybe a link where I can read up on this?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
You made your own phaser delete plates right 05Stroker? Did anyone ever find someone who makes them besides MMR? Has anyone confirmed that the V10 plates work on our heads and if so does anyone have a part#?

I'm going to be replacing alot of the timing parts over the winter on my car and figure while I have the timing cover off I may as well delete the phasers.

Thanks!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back