New Heads and Cams Are In

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for telling me about the acceptable street manners. I was always under the impression that the Stg 3's were very rough idlewise compared to the Stg 2's.

I thought so too, but when I heard Marcs car in person, no the car is totally streetable, not any worse than is was without the stage III Cams.
I would not have beileved it myself but I was there for the Dyno Pulls, ( I was updating the website with blow by blow numbers) the car is insane,
his first pull with a 12.1 A/F Pig Rich pulled a 379 HP 334 TQ I knew then the car with a good tune would do close to 400 RWHP.

There wasa debate 2 years ago on if an S197 3V with stock bottom end could make over 400hp N/A and most were saying that it would be too exspensive to do and then the car would not be street friendly, al I can say now is how about 500 HP?

Marc did it with Heads, Cams, Longtubes and some cheap bolt ons.
with a C&L Intake, Electric H2O Pump, and a few more easy mods and I see 425 in marcs's Future....

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
They are rough idle, but very streetable.

Last edited:

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I really don't see 500rwhp N/A, but 425-450 I can see as possible.

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
grrrrrrr all this is making me mad........I just wish my damn heads would get out of the machine shop already lol......I'm anxious to get this set-up going. I want to see what us stock bottom end guys can push N/A

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can call my opinion wrong, you sir have the right to do so, so what is your opinion on the highest power level able to be made N/A?

You misunderstang.... that was ment to show I am GREEN w/ NV over Marc's stage III h/c setup.

Im not concerned... too many variables... Im just glad to see stock bottom end n/a mustangs in the 11's becomming commonplace:beerchug2:

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Oh, my bad, I didn't get the NV thing. I also envy Marc's car. It seems that in the past few months after the start of this year more and more cars are becoming close to 11's, so I'd suspect a good number will hit 11's soon.

Last edited:

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
I hope to be one of them. Gotta pic up some suspension parts and I should be there soon.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I used to think 11's N/A were only possible with a super serious drag setup, but now I'm positive there will be a good number of street cars running them. Then the new goal will be 10's.

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
10s are possible. I don't know about on a stock bottom end though. Thats if you want to keep it a street car. (full interior, AC, radio, etc, etc)..........now if you strip the car, put some aluminum seats in it, etc, etc, etc, you might hit 10s on the stock bottom end. But don't listen to me, I never thought these cars would see 11s on the stock one. MAN i got alot of work to do. Heads and cams should be here in a week or two.

Congrats marc, get that damn thing to the track. Im REALLY full of envy right now lol

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Rich @ Radmustangs is about to hit mid to low 11's on a full bolt on's H/C/I car that has a full interior, so if he ends up hitting 11.3's, then I don't see why 10's would be that far off if he shortbelts off the power steering, gets a rear seat delete, and gets sparco or corbeau racing driver/passenger seats, but maybe I'm wrong and he needs a bit more to reach tens. Ever notice that a good number of 10-9 second N/A LS1 Camaros are under 3,000 pounds? S197's would be running super fast at that weight.

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, I know Rich VERY well, just ordered alot of stuff from him............He is the exception though, his car is a freak haha j/k j/k..........He just has a good running car. I don't think its IMPOSSIBLE to put the stock bottom end in the 10s, but its gonna take alot. I bet money if anyone does it, he will be the first.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah he'll end up running 11.3's by putting back on his JPC Manifold and Driveshaft, then end up short belting it and putting 15'' bogarts on and running 10's LOL. This is just speculation but it could happen

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
He most likely will, I dont doubt that man one bit. Hell I was on the phone with him the other night and he listed off the stuff that is going on the car...........wow...........easily low 11s

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I forgot that he's putting 4:56's on too CRAP. 11.79 N/A seems amazing at this time but it won't when he hits low 11's.

Him adding 4:56's, JPC Manifold, and Driveshaft should take off 5-6 tenths right?

If he runs 11.3's-11.2's by adding those mods, then I see a 10.999 as a not so hard to reach goal. IMO him adding 15'' Bogarts would help a good bit.

Last edited:

white07

Reaction score
I forgot that he's putting 4:56's on too CRAP. 11.79 N/A seems amazing at this time but it won't when he hits low 11's.

Him adding 4:56's, JPC Manifold, and Driveshaft should take off 5-6 tenths right?

If he runs 11.3's-11.2's by adding those mods, then I see a 10.999 as a not so hard to reach goal. IMO him adding 15'' Bogarts would help a good bit.

I think running an 11 with stock heads and cams is more amazing than running a 11.79 with ported heads and cams right now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back