Northeast Dragway May 1st 2011

rayS197

Reaction score
Gotta ask...what are we supposed to do for 2 hours until the track opens?

Umm. Socialize with others, get your car ready, cut the grass around the track, give pep talks or massages, manicures, pedicures. Will find something to do . hell I don't know. LOL..

Last edited:

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
What does it cost for others who are going to watch?

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
What a night. Made 2 pulls on 19psi and pulled all the plugs out to check and make sure they look good. Plugs looked fine so I go to put them in tighten a few and get to #3 and notice it wont tighten. Great!!! So it pulls the threads out the head. Luckily mike had the tool kit and a timesert. Mike did some magic and fixed the hole so the cobra is back up and running. Gonna end up putting timesert in all of them for added security.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
What a night. Made 2 pulls on 19psi and pulled all the plugs out to check and make sure they look good. Plugs looked fine so I go to put them in tighten a few and get to #3 and notice it wont tighten. Great!!! So it pulls the threads out the head. Luckily mike had the tool kit and a timesert. Mike did some magic and fixed the hole so the cobra is back up and running. Gonna end up putting timesert in all of them for added security.

Yikes, someone must have snuck some earlier 5.4 2v heads on your cobra..lol. Those things had like 4 threads and get fubr'd all the time.

Anyways, glad it's back together. All that typing and no numbers?? What rear end you have in there?

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
Yikes, someone must have snuck some earlier 5.4 2v heads on your cobra..lol. Those things had like 4 threads and get fubr'd all the time.

Anyways, glad it's back together. All that typing and no numbers??

All the ford heads till 04 have 4 threads. My original heads had more because its a 04 but the Livernois heads I have on the car are only 4 threads :(

Made 617 on the 1st base pull, mike made a tune and the next one showed 658. Then that's where the plug issue came in. Didn't dyno the final tune but cooled down and the final tune it might be between 670-680.

Built and braced to hell 8.8

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You have zero luck with heads....that's what started the end of the S197 and the quest for the termi.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
All the ford heads till 04 have 4 threads. My original heads had more because its a 04 but the Livernois heads I have on the car are only 4 threads :(

Made 617 on the 1st base pull, mike made a tune and the next one showed 658. Then that's where the plug issue came in. Didn't dyno the final tune but cooled down and the final tune it might be between 670-680.

Built and braced to hell 8.8

Aww man, that sucks! numbers sound great though. If you can hook up that thing should f'n fly. Glad to hear no more IRS. It wouldn't last long anyways...haha.

See ya Sunday.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tony-you going to be around tomorrow or are you working? Wanted to grab the tires tomorrow vice Sunday.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Tony-you going to be around tomorrow or are you working? Wanted to grab the tires tomorrow vice Sunday.

I am off tomorrow. I got some errands in the a.m. but I will be at the house the rest of the day. So let's say anytime after noon is goog to stop by.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Ray you can add my buddy John to the list. He is bringing his '11 5.0 and running. Jamie is a maybe with the ecoboost and also a friend with a lightning may come (adam).

rayS197

Reaction score
Rays197
03Mach1girl
Greg
TonyN
nv4gt ws
RaysRcode
Coderedsaleen
LAllison20
Vbshelbygt (pit crew)
808svt
Lastman Standing
jharville
07s197
Jeff Weeks
mds08
John --2011-5.0
Adam-- Lightning

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back