Opening /removing Radiator Grill

brasil

Reaction score
Hello S197ers

Today while I was washing my Mustang...I was looking at my Frontgrill.... I own a 08 Bullitt . and the front grilll has only a small "open area " where the air goes thru in direction of the radiator. Looks ugly - in my point of view. So I was thinging about , to cut out the blocks that "close" the rest of the grill with a Dremel.
Is there anything ( besides the orginality ) that speaks against this job ?

Why did Ford not let the grill complete open ? Does not make sense , to let the air out of the engine bay....

So what do you guys think about this idea ??

Greetings Jurgen

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Ford left some of the slots in the front grille blocked for a very good reason; the radiator simply doesn't need the extra airflow and opening it up will make the engine take longer to reach normal operating temperature. This will have a negative effect on gas mileage and exhaust emissions.

MasterofDisaster

Reaction score
Some dirtbag in Flint, Michigan stole my lower radiator grill around 2014. It actually looked pretty cool, but I had it fixed. I think the grille is useful for mileage and efficiency.

brasil

Reaction score
...thank you guys for your fast answers. So I will leave the grill alone.. and enjoy a good milage.

Greeetings from Germany
Juergen

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back