p0133 code

dee99gt

forum member
Reaction score
Today my car's engine light came on.. I read the code when I got home..

attachment.php

I have stock headers, o/r x and stock mufflers. I've had my car tuned with the brenspeed e-mail tune for the intake and o/r x about 3 or more months ago and haven't had any issues, but why all of a sudden is it giving me this code?

Attachments

• securedownload (2).jpg
    securedownload (2).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 131

06Rousher

forum member
Reaction score
Change out the o2, or swap the o2's and see if it pops up on the other bank before you spend $40 on a new o2

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Passenger side Upstream O2 Sensor. Make sure you don't have AC water dripping on it. Can cause it to go bad!

Sprayin Blue 3V

forum member
Reaction score
This pops up on my car every once in a while (maybe 2-3 times in 2 years) and I just clear it and it goes away. Never noticed any real problems with it.

dee99gt

forum member
Reaction score
I decided to clear it last night and it was fine this morning. This afternoon I had to run errands and every time I would go to stop it would really bog down to 500rpms or lower and I thought was going to die. It was even worse when the A/C was running.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
That code is usually associated with long-tube headers where the front o2 sensors are moved farther away from the motor. With stock manifolds though, I also recommend swapping it with the sensor on the other side. If the code changes to the other bank, you know it's the sensor.
A bad sensor would cause drivability issues like you mentioned.

coleconner

Reaction score
I thought having an Xcal3 would eliminate any O2 Sensor errors unless they're malfunctioning. I think this code showed up one time after I changed my mid pipe to O/R. It's crazy how much effect those sensors can have on the motor.

Back