PA Deep Transmission Pan

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on this product... I'm assuming its good quality. Now that I have the blower on the car, im worried about beating up the tranny.... figured some more fluid will reduce the heat.

Did you guys install these yourself? Would you say its an easy install? How many hours did it take the backyard mechanic? If you had a shop install, how many labor hours were needed?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you could also upgrade the tranny cooler Vin

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Took me about 2 hours total and I loved it when I had it. Fit like a glove. Drilled a small hole in the side and put a temp sending unit in there too.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
It's killer!!! You want it, you need it, you can't live without it!

As stated, takes about two hours to do. Simple. Get it with the dipstick/tube assembly and you can do real fluid changes and be able to check the fluid level like a normal car.

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a how-to for installation? Im not sure how likely it is that I do this myself in the driveway.

Also, anyone out there with tranny coolers?

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Does anyone have a how-to for installation? Im not sure how likely it is that I do this myself in the driveway.

there's a gazillion tranny coolers out there. They just patch in line with the line running to the radiator. Jegs, SUmmit, etc, etc, etc all have them.

The tranny pan swap is fairly easy, even in your driveway. Just get a big enough catch pan for when you drop the old one. Be nice to have a dipstick and to be able to add fluid easily like US-1 says.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score

Lift car onto jackstands.
Drain fluid into drain pan.
Unbolt stock pan.
Install new pan with gasket.
Install dipstick tube into new pan with thread sealer.
Lower car off jackstands.
Add fluid until it shows on dipstick.
Start car.
Check dipstick and add fluid as necessary until level stabilizes.
Sit in car with foot on brake, move shifter through gears one at a time for a few seconds.
Check fluid level and add fluid as necessary until level stabilizes.

Piece of cake. Only Ted could screw this one up. :roflmao:

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
This was the first mod I did to mine and IMHO the first thing any AT stang owner should do. More fluid, more cooling. Probably one of the easiest mods you'll do next to changing the oil. I rarely ever see > 180 since the PA pan, usually somewhere around 150-170 even in the Florida heat and humidity. The car already has a trans cooler.

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any issues with ground clearance? Maybe I cant drive, but I scrape on everything bc my car is so low+chin spoiler!!!

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
I'm lowered and scrape my GT500 splitter on occasions, but never scrapped the PA pan.

N

navbtcret

Unbolt stock pan.
Start car.
Sit in car with foot on brake, move shifter through gears one at a time for a few seconds.

I ran one for two years until I went to the 4r70w trans and it took me just over an hour to install it. The only I would add to SD's list is while you have the pan off you may as well put a new trans filter on.

07 Boss

Reaction score
:argh:
Does anyone have any issues with ground clearance? Maybe I cant drive, but I scrape on everything bc my car is so low+chin spoiler!!!

The angle I took the pic at makes it look lower than it really is. It is just about even with headers, probably 1/4" below. The drain bolt is the lowest point, add another 1/4" to that. I haven't scraped the pan yet, but you can see where my headers took a beating from a roque speed bump.

DSC_1179.jpg

My dipstick is broken though. I have to call PA and see if they'll send me a new one.

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the shot man... I can just about fit my fist between the chin spoiler and the ground. I'm sure its a pretty solid piece - even if it scrapes a bit, it should hold up right???? That drain bolt is a bit scary though =x

GERMANSHEPERD

forum member
Reaction score
Unbolt stock pan.
Start car.

Ok who told?

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
This looks like a great product and I am installing a new torqe converter and cooler next week so this would be a great addition to this project.

Does anyone have a link to the product? I am not sure who "PA" is.

Thanks...

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
This looks like a great product and I am installing a new torqe converter and cooler next week so this would be a great addition to this project.

Does anyone have a link to the product? I am not sure who "PA" is.

Thanks...

PM US-1. He can hook you up.

Back