So I found out why my trans is puking...

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I can pull the trans, I don't have a fuckin lift. LOL ramps aint going to cut it.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Good luck Frankie. Fix it how you feel comfortable doing so. If you are not a mechanic, don't try to be on the drive train:)

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Yeah, handing over $600-800 to the stealership for an hour's worth of work is much easier than spending $8 on a quart of transmission fluid and crawling under the car to squirt it into the fill plug.

I'll bet it's more than that. Should probably replace the clutch while the tranny is out. If he did it himself he could afford a great clutch, tools, stands, and still come out ahead.

Frankie, do you have any friends with a driveway or garage? You can do this yourself. It's just turning bolts and swapping the parts. Until then add fluid like Brian suggested. You can add it from the cabin. Just run a hose through the shifter hole, it's easy.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Son+I+am+Dissapoint_785f9b_4542788.png

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Yeah, handing over $600-800 to the stealership for an hour's worth of work is much easier than spending $8 on a quart of transmission fluid and crawling under the car to squirt it into the fill plug.

Not to throw all dealerships in the same bag.. but, I bet $800 is gonna be on the shy side of that bill..

Not sure if they will just swap the ts for you (especially a used one you bring in).. On their side here, if they did, charged you out the ass then it still leaked or had other problems then that opens them up to the customer saying they messed something up. Could be wrong but would no surprise me...

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
I can pull the trans, I don't have a fuckin lift. LOL ramps aint going to cut it.

And you could have paid for all your tools, nice jack, nice big jack stands and a tranny jack with a little cash to burn by the time you pay the dealer. Hell, you may have enough left over to get you a hummer from a few of the dirt-legs down on the corner... u iz welcome!

I can send you my paypal if you want to throw your money away :xmas:

And THEN.. if you DO take it to the dealer.. and they do install the TS.. and then you STILL have problems and then "I am so f'ing tired of this car... i am just going to dump it and buy a 5.0"...:thud: I will give you a horrible offer on the car!! :beerdrink: :kidding:

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Talk about a dis-balance in automotive ability. Lots of driving talent, no mechanical skills.
My driving is sub-par but I'm good with the wrenches.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score

I can't say i've ever pulled a transmission without ramps and/or jackstands, let alone with help. I'm far from skilled, but it's not a difficult job at all. It's not as intimidating as it may sound. However, I can certainly understand if you don't have the time and need it done ASAP.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the well wishes, I wish I had the patience and the time to do this myself but I am going to just bite the bullet for now. (clutch is a year old btw so that's not going anywhere.) Next time I need a clutch I will do it myself with time and patience.

I'm sure I will pay out the ass but it's only money amirite guys!? lol.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
James don't leave me... you won't find anyone like me!

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Big guy like you won't even need a jack for the trans. Just muscle that bitch! Frankie it would take an afternoon in a driveway.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
WTF... Buy AAA Plus for $89 (They will tow you up to 100 miles per tow 6x's a year to your choice of destination). Hang up the phone once you have your new number (Or if you went online, release the damn mouse from your hand). Call AAA and have a flatbed tow it to that shop 45 miles or minutes away and do it right the first time. Your going to spend the $$ in the wrong way otherwise...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back