Steeda Watts link

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Who's all using this and what are your impressions of it?

mykim72

forum member
Reaction score
ive heard nothing but good things about the steeda and fay2, but fays2 is a whole lot cheaper

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about buying the Fays2 but after lots of research and talking to people it's really overkill unless you are a pretty serious road racer.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got a deal on the Steeda one which I picked up from UPS tonight so I'll have to let you all know how I like it.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Been thinking about buying the Fays2 but after lots of research and talking to people it's really overkill unless you are a pretty serious road racer.

That logic could be applied to a lot of things, the way I look at it is a adj panhard is $200 or so and a brace is another $150 or so. For a little bit more you could have the Fays2, and room to grow should you ever need it!

To the OP, good deal on the Steeda, let me know how you like it!

BigEdJr

Still learning...
Reaction score
I've got the Fays2 and love it. I am not a racer, but love taking the twisties quick. When I first installed it I also installed springs, D-specs and J&M LCA's. I was able to tell what helped the most.

But recently I had to get some warranty work done on the rear end, so I removed it and put the stock panhard and brace back on. I immediately felt a difference. With the panhrd bar I can feel the rear end kind of sway back and forth as a go over bumps. With the watts link it just go up and down.

It doesn't sound like much, but after a few years of having it on, I am used to and love the feeling of the car being planted and the weight not shifting all over.

I'm sure all the other Watts Links will feel the same way. I believe the Fays2 is the least expensive though and the most adjustable (read...PITA to get right!!!).

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Sounds like this is going on my wish list. Thanks for the info on the fays!:beer:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Heh, isn't everything we do overkill? Does anyone need 600 whp or to run 10 second 1/4 miles?

+1, and I always just held off on the rear sway bar upgrade because I knew I wanted a WATTS link.

That's my thinking on it :clap:

Me too.

Sounds like this is going on my wish list. Thanks for the info on the fays!:beer:

Haha, I'm slowly working off everything on the wish list. Of course think just took 700 out of my transmission fund.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would have went FaysII as well if I hadn't gotten the deal on the Steeda one.

bitethebullitt

Reaction score
originally posted by GRAYPNY:

i have had a fays2 watt link on my car now for about 3 months. the car became predictable because it now responds the same either way i am turning. no more rear end jostling around as i enter a turn. the rear end just follows where i am turning now and stays planted. i have found that i can accelerate through turns that i could not before. and here is a totally unexpected response i got from my girlfriend. she told me my car feels safer now going around curves since the fays2 watts link has been installed. if she can tell a difference sitting in the passenger seat i am sure this mod would be to your liking if you are in the drivers seat.

i debated for months on whether or not i would get this mod. i had the money and didn't get it because i read similar posts as above on different forums. plain and simple, people who don't own a fays 2watts link or who have never driven an s197 with a fays2 watts link just don't have a clue as to what fantastic handling these units deliver.

GRAYPNY, i say take the plunge. you will not regret it. i kicked myself in the butt for a couple weeks for waiting so long once i took my first turn. :buttkick: and if you get one, my prediction is that you will too! hope it all works out for you and you can get one. :beer:

mykim72

forum member
Reaction score
sways bars or watts linkage? i planned on getting sway bars and then later down the line get the watts, but it seems like the linkage has such good reviews im wondering if i should get the linkage first, its similar in price, what would be the most effective?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sways bars or watts linkage? i planned on getting sway bars and then later down the line get the watts, but it seems like the linkage has such good reviews im wondering if i should get the linkage first, its similar in price, what would be the most effective?

I would still get the Front sway bar if I were you. I've has the Saleen Race Craft suspension on my car for 3 years now, it doesn't come with a rear sway bar and I never got one because I knew that I was going to eventually get a WATTS link. I have ridden in cars that had the rear sway bar upgraded and I didn't really notice a big difference.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Anyone by chance been able to have experience with a Steeda/Fays2 and a Saleen type of setup? I got a great deal on the Saleen setup that has yet to be installed but I'm worried about the lack of adjustment since I won't be able to get away with being lowered very much (I already scrape my exhaust now and then at stock height! I hate Seattle...).

BigEdJr

Still learning...
Reaction score
Anyone by chance been able to have experience with a Steeda/Fays2 and a Saleen type of setup? I got a great deal on the Saleen setup that has yet to be installed but I'm worried about the lack of adjustment since I won't be able to get away with being lowered very much (I already scrape my exhaust now and then at stock height! I hate Seattle...).

I have not had any experience with the Saleen or Steeda, but it would have to be a really good deal to make up for the difference in price IMO. The Fays2 is $650 plus shipping. I'm seeing $1100 for the Saleen...that's a big difference.

The Saleen does look a little easier to install and probably does just as good and keeping things inline etc. I would think that the Saleen should be able to handle you being lowered though. Aren't most Saleens lowered?

As far as the Sway bar questions above: I only have the stock swaybars fornt and rear, but I am driving a 'vert and I believe the 'vert sway bars are larger than the stock hard tops....plus the extra bracing on the 'vert makes it hard to find a larger diameter swaybar. Also, from what I have read the after market sway bars are not a lot bigger than what we have. I have always wondered if they would really make a huge difference on our cars.

I think if taking twisties fast is your thing then , springs, shocks, lca's and watts link is gonna' make the biggest difference (that just happens to be what I have done). I would then look at sway bars and the bump steering stuff from Steeda if you really want to get serious...I want to do that stuff eventually.

Y'all be cool!

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
I have not had any experience with the Saleen or Steeda, but it would have to be a really good deal to make up for the difference in price IMO. The Fays2 is $650 plus shipping. I'm seeing $1100 for the Saleen...that's a big difference.

I picked the Saleen setup off a guy locally for $675 (new!). Too good of a deal to pass up, though I was looking at Griggs and Fays2 before I stumbled into that deal.

The Saleen does look a little easier to install and probably does just as good and keeping things inline etc. I would think that the Saleen should be able to handle you being lowered though. Aren't most Saleens lowered?

Well my concern is my lack of lowering; I don't think I'm going to be as low as a Saleen-suspended car which would put my roll center higher than intended..

Back