Steeda Watts link

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Hmmm... so if Don has a 10 second car, and I have a 12 second car (also a "daily driver"), that means that he'll pull on me by two seconds on the two straighaways... I guess the question is, can I pick up the two second differential on the hairpin at the end of the first straight, and in the chicane through the pits to get back to the start line? I wonder if I should run the momentum line or the power line? Do I need a "point-by" from the Honda with the four turbos and "nawssssss, yo!" or is it an open passing session? Enquiring minds want to know...

don-davetrackmap.jpg

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
LMAO... :LMAO:

Where are the staging lanes? And how much time is in between each lap? :popcorneat:

p.s. I can't believe you posted a drawing of a penis...

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Staging lanes?!? TIME BETWEEN LAPS?!?!? Surely, you jest... I know, stop calling you Shirley...

I think an "IROC" style race would be kind of cool... drag strip, road course, and oval track... Assign points for each, and then see who comes out on top... Kind of like "One Lap Of America" without the grueling road driving in between events...

I just get a kick out of you posting in the "corner carvers" section... I never would have figured you to lean that way! Have you ever done a lapping day? It might open your eyes to a new disease...

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Having a Techco Watts link installed tomorrow with Eibach front and rear sway bars. Don't have time to do it myself but I will post up impressions on another thread if anyone is interested. NO! I didn't pay $1000 for it.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Having a Techco Watts link installed tomorrow with Eibach front and rear sway bars. Don't have time to do it myself but I will post up impressions on another thread if anyone is interested. NO! I didn't pay $1000 for it.
All I'm interested in knowing is whose ass that is in your avatar?
image.php

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I'll check it out!

All I'm interested in knowing is whose ass that is in your avatar?
image.php

+1

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Installed the Steeda Watts Link in today.

Well today, I finally had some time to put the Watts link in so with the help of my buddy Mike I did.

I replaced this
0322091331a.jpg

With this
0322091453.jpg

The Steeda website says it should take about 3.5 hours to install, but we got it in in about 1 hour and 45 min, and we were not rushing by any means. It was a pretty easy install and as you can see I even got to keep my Axle brace. I only got to drive it about 15 miles so far though or roads that are not very curvy but so far the rear end feels more planted.

There are the rest of the pics I took.
0322091411a.jpg

0322091411.jpg

0322091353a.jpg

0322091353.jpg

0322091332.jpg

0322091331.jpg

My next suspension mods will be a rear sway bar and a Strut tower brace.

Last edited:

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Well today, I finally had some time to put the Watts link in so with the help of my buddy Mike I did.

I replaced this
0322091331a.jpg

With this
0322091453.jpg

The Steeda website says it should take about 3.5 hours to install, but we got it in in about 1 hour and 45 min, and we were not rushing by any means. It was a pretty easy install and as you can see I even got to keep my Axle brace. I only got to drive it about 15 miles so far though or roads that are not very curvy but so far the rear end feels more planted.

There are the rest of the pics I took.
0322091411a.jpg

0322091411.jpg

0322091353a.jpg

0322091353.jpg

0322091332.jpg

0322091331.jpg

My next suspension mods will be a rear sway bar and a Strut tower brace.

I'll give you my feedback on the Steeda comp sway bar with the billet end links ...Its a great piece overall but get ready to grease those Polly bushings all the time because if you don't that thing Will creak and crack like crazy !

The problem lies with the end link bushings ,they DON'T HAVE FLUTED GROVES TO HOLD THE GREASE ...I use the Energy suspension pre lube and it all smashes out when you tighten down the three bolts that hold the end plate ... at that point the end links will barley rotate around the bar , that what also causing noise I believe. Steeda says the end links should move freely 360 degrees around the bar , when its off the car of course but it doesn't (very tight ) also the Polly bushings on the side of the sway bar don't have any grease fittings also but does have fluted bushings to hold the grease in side .

The BMR piece is nicer I think with there billet end links that have grease fittings on both sides and all there Polly bushings have flutes also , both the Steeda and BMR bars are 7/8 ......Im going to sell the Steeda myself and just go with the gt500 bar it is also 7/8 and ill see if not running Polly bushings make that much of a difference .

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of the BMR one or maybe the Einbach one. Thanks for the feed back on the steeda one though, I won't get that one.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll give you my feedback on the Steeda comp sway bar with the billet end links ...Its a great piece overall but get ready to grease those Polly bushings all the time because if you don't that thing Will creak and crack like crazy !

The problem lies with the end link bushings ,they DON'T HAVE FLUTED GROVES TO HOLD THE GREASE ...I use the Energy suspension pre lube and it all smashes out when you tighten down the three bolts that hold the end plate ... at that point the end links will barley rotate around the bar , that what also causing noise I believe. Steeda says the end links should move freely 360 degrees around the bar , when its off the car of course but it doesn't (very tight ) also the Polly bushings on the side of the sway bar don't have any grease fittings also but does have fluted bushings to hold the grease in side .

The BMR piece is nicer I think with there billet end links that have grease fittings on both sides and all there Polly bushings have flutes also , both the Steeda and BMR bars are 7/8 ......Im going to sell the Steeda myself and just go with the gt500 bar it is also 7/8 and ill see if not running Polly bushings make that much of a difference .
I have the Steeda rear swaybar installed since the car was new 4 years ago and I have no problems with noise whatsoever. I never use grease fittings on any poly bushing. I coat any polyurethane part completely inside and out with a very thin film of the energy suspension prelube and have no noise.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Steeda have changed bushings I believe two or three times sense you have had yours and the diameter on the bushings are different to , the black ones were bigger

Last edited:

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Steeda rear swaybar installed since the car was new 4 years ago and I have no problems with noise whatsoever. I never use grease fittings on any poly bushing. I coat any polyurethane part completely inside and out with a very thin film of the energy suspension prelube and have no noise.

This is the way to do it.:thumb:

We don't put grease fittings on because people have a tendency to overgrease things which can lead to bushings splitting. They are just like a woman, you lube it up right the first time, you're good to go.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

This is the way to do it.:thumb:

We don't put grease fittings on because people have a tendency to overgrease things which can lead to bushings splitting. They are just like a woman, you lube it up right the first time, you're good to go.

Steeda rear sway bar is back in the running!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did some more driving today and some more corners and curves. The car is much more stable on corners and feels much more planted, I also didn't get any tire slipage. I do have some more noise going over bumps though, you can hear it back there. All in all, I like it a lot and recomend it to anyone that likes to do fun driving around curves.

Back