Tattoo Enthusiasts

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't wrap your tattoos guys. Also don't slop a bunch of ointment on either.

Keep it wrapped initially for about 2 hours, but clean it and never wrap it again.

Very light use of the ointment, as it will clog the pores, and will also bubble up your skin.

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score

Keep it wrapped initially for about 2 hours, but clean it and never wrap it again.

Very light use of the ointment, as it will clog the pores, and will also bubble up your skin.

+1

It's gotta breathe to heal properly.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Aquaphor has done incredibly well for me, personally. If I slathered it on thick and wrapped in saran wrap and got 8 hours sleep, the next morning the last session would be nearly completely healed. I'd typically be done peeling and fully healed by the end of day 4. When I start my second sleeve I'll stick to the same formula of fragrance free soap and Aquaphor.

This is what was suggested by my artist, and I have to say, the healing process was pretty quick. It is pretty much all healed up now. I changed the saran wrap twice the first day, and 4 times the second. I only used it the third night over night, and then stopped. Aquaphor plus the saran seemed to do the trick. He said that it helps draw the fluid out of the skin and that it should heal faster. I am going to continue to do this when he does the second part.

08 Vapor

forum member
Reaction score

I don't think you can make generalizations like that about how to care for a tattoo. Clearly, some things are commonsense. Fragrance free soaps and things like that are a no go. I only wrapped my tattoo for the first night after a session. Everyone's skin reacts differently, which is why I used the term "personally." As far as clogging pores, that's incorrect. Aquaphor, and any good brand of moisturizer for that matter, is non comedogenic. All of Eucerin's products (Aquaphor included) are non comedogenic. My tattoo artist had a nine month waiting list and his work has been in many major tattoo mags. As far as I'm concerned, his advice is golden. His method worked well for me "personally," and the way the tattoo healed is a testament to that.

Last edited:

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Slopping a ton of ointment on can pull the color out. To be honest I sometimes don't even take a wrap of any kind. Never had a issue using this method.

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
I actually leave my tattoo wrapped up for about 24 hrs. My tattoo artist uses a special wrap for me that you usually see put on for road rash. It lets the skin breathe but doesnt let it move. EXCELLENT for healing. After about 24hrs I usually get little to no pealing and the tattoo looks incredible afterwards.

Anyways got some more work done. About 2 more sessions should do.

304095_10152131960730694_1076103042_n.jpg

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
First session completed (4.5 hours) of Dick Turpin, 1700's highwayman from the same place that I'm from in the UK, a couple more hours to go...

6apy8ere.jpg

hyzeny9y.jpg

I'm going to suggest the boots go darker, black or brown, there be a wood accent below the barrels of the pistols and that the white light reflection on his nose be toned down.

Last edited:

LTX

Lava Red
Reaction score
looks great... i took my friend in today to get some work..

felt shitty knowing i wasnt getting anything done though..

TenSpeed

Reaction score
I got an email from my artist two days, who had a surprise opening today. I could have pretty much finished my half sleeve, but due to such short notice, I couldn't get any coverage at work. Hate using sick days for stuff like that, so I passed.

Really hoping that he gets another cancellation before January. I hate having half done work. Not sure how I am gonna get the rest of my arm done.

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
I just saw one of our s197 members on inkmasters. I know him personally that is how I recognized him.

Nice new school piston tat. Irishpwer

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice. The calf is fun isnt it. I have both arms sleeved, and a calf tat. I am going for more this week.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

TenSpeed

Reaction score
January 23rd is my next appointment, just a little over a month. I am pretty excited. It's been way too long to have a half finished piece. It really bugs me even though I know that it is worth waiting for. I don't know what I am gonna do when he starts the lower part of my arm that will be visible all the time. I guess I will have to wear long sleeves until it's done.

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
So jelly over y'all's ink. I only have a few small pieces and I'm way over due for a new one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back