Test drove 2010 mustang gt

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was at a dealer dropping someone off so I thought I'd give the new ones a try to see if they are all they are hyped up to be.
This one had the pony package. I don't know what that entails but it had metal covers on pedals, 18" wheels, and all leather.

It was a manual, and I'm guessing these have the same transmissions as the last ones? If so, I do not see what all you die hard manual guys are raving about. My auto shifts way faster even when it was stock. I wound up shifting at the same rpms when driving normal as my auto does too so other than being able short shift, whoopty fucking doo. Also the big silver button that makes the center console lid go into the back seat was directly underneath my elbow with my hand on the shifter.

THe seat was nice, it had a lot more adjustability.

It's also nice that the tach and speedo switched places but WHY DID THEY SWITCH THE LIGHTING... what i mean is, on the 05-09, the NUMBERS light up and everything else is dark. WIth these, the numbers stay dark and everything around them lights up making it fucking difficult to see what you're looking at. It is totally backwards this way if you ask me... it's easier to see light emitting from darkness than it is to search for darkness surrounded by light. colorful light at that.

2010_00052_09.jpg

This really is easier to see:
1645422542131632.JPG

The steering wheel has a lot going on too. Probably no big deal once you get used to it but the wheel part isn't round like the previous one, it's ovular.. did not like. I drive one handed and when turning with my palm, there was significantly less contact area. There is a problem with resting your hand on top too, but I can't think of a way to explain that.

That stereo face is huge. :sigh1:

Sticker was 33K..

Verdict: Do not want. :no1:

Last edited:

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought the pony package only came on the v-6?

This is what the dealer told me... I asked what options are on this one and he says 'the pony package i think... (looks at silver horse on steering wheel) ... ah yes, the pony package.'

the sticker did say 33K though so who knows what was on it.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yeah it had me confused too. He also could not answer any questions with a definite answer.

pwd72s

forum member
Reaction score
Bought my '09 Bullitt on May 30th...this after seeing pics and reading reviews of the '10's. A matter of taste, I'm sure...but I preferred the '09 style.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey, you noticed the same things I did when I test drove one back in April, and started a thread about it...

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14673

Lol, just giving you shit.. :beer: oh, and yours has informative pics. haha.

The only difference is everything I mentioned is not in your thread... haaaa :stooges:

Also I think the interior is plain dumb, form over function. It looks like the designers said "lets just pile more plastic on it. then they'll think it's really better." and so they did.

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, I gotta be honest, I disagree with a lot.

The new 2010's pull much harder, and are a much more refined ride. And stock for stock, the manual is much better then the auto. With a tune that all changes. I think you drove a v-6 to be honest.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
The only difference is everything I mentioned is not in your thread... haaaa :stooges:

Also I think the interior is plain dumb, form over function. It looks like the designers said "lets just pile more plastic on it. then they'll think it's really better." and so they did.

The interior is LIGHT YEARS better. Better materials, better fit and finish, more features, etc...

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, I gotta be honest, I disagree with a lot.

The new 2010's pull much harder, and are a much more refined ride. And stock for stock, the manual is much better then the auto. With a tune that all changes. I think you drove a v-6 to be honest.

LOL it was a GT, no question on that. :) :) :)

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score

yeah, yeah, yeah.... lol. At least you used a funny smilie.. haha :beerchug2:

JAY86

forum member
Reaction score
is it just me or are people picky as shit like no day tomorrow.... i mean at the price range the Mustang is what the heck to people expect it to give you... some times i feel sorry for Ford... other times, well, i dont, lol.

I guess im just not as picky.... no hard feeling intended with this post... just an observation that i notice all the time.

Shades

Reaction score
Awesome pics OP :beer:

I'm happy with my 06, completely agree with the gauges.

jp's performance

shooting for 11.60's N/A
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was a manual, and I'm guessing these have the same transmissions as the last ones? If so, I do not see what all you die hard manual guys are raving about. My auto shifts way faster even when it was stock.I bet any kind of money i can shift my 05 just as quick as your auto and 60ft better.:roflmao:

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
The new 2010's pull much harder
Uh wut? It's the same engine with only 15 more crank hp.

Anyone else notice that the redline has been moved up 500rpm? Interesting. Kinda vindicates all the tuners who upped the rev limiters on the previous model since I've heard people ask if that was such a good idea or not.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back