Traction control??

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not thinking the TC does much until really late, at least compared to other cars I've owned. I accelerated quickly from a stop around a right corner after realizing traffic was closing faster than I had initially judged. The rear end got loose, swung to the left, then back to the right before settling down. I was surprised because the TC was not turned off and my previous car would kill the power at any hint of wheel spin, if not before any spin started happening.

I kept my foot in it 'cause I still needed to scoot and the dramatics didn't help getting me out of the way. I didn't notice if the dash TC indicator was blinking or not (is it supposed to when activated?), as I was too busy trying to get going and watching traffic.

Gotta say it was kinda fun but left a few hundred miles of my tire life in a cloud of smoke! Is this how it's supposed to work?

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The traction control is pretty worthless. It'd be better if these cars didn't come with it at all.

Sent from a Galaxy S4 far, far away.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not thinking the TC does much until really late, at least compared to other cars I've owned. I accelerated quickly from a stop around a right corner after realizing traffic was closing faster than I had initially judged. The rear end got loose, swung to the left, then back to the right before settling down. I was surprised because the TC was not turned off and my previous car would kill the power at any hint of wheel spin, if not before any spin started happening.

I kept my foot in it 'cause I still needed to scoot and the dramatics didn't help getting me out of the way. I didn't notice if the dash TC indicator was blinking or not (is it supposed to when activated?), as I was too busy trying to get going and watching traffic.

Gotta say it was kinda fun but left a few hundred miles of my tire life in a cloud of smoke! Is this how it's supposed to work?
The TC doesn't intervein as early as some other cars systems. When the TC kicks in too early it can actually be worse then none at all. I usually turn on sport mode when driving around, and I turn TC and AT off when at the track.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
The TC doesn't intervein as early as some other cars systems. When the TC kicks in too early it can actually be worse then none at all. I usually turn on sport mode when driving around, and I turn TC and AT off when at the track.

Sport mode?

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Alright Darren... oh you mean the TC. :roflmao:

lol...
ohsnap1.gif

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
What's different about the sport mode vs fully on and fully off?

Both Sport and Fully off lock the EPAS into Sport mode, but as FIVE-OH said, Sport mode still has a bit of safety to it. You can still spin out, but it would be harder than fully off. Sport mode will also try to prevent too much wheel spin as well.

Fully off also involves waiting about 5 secs with the brake down at 0 mph, while Sport mode is just a quick double tap of the TC button while using the brake at any speed. Fully off is recommended for burnouts and "free" driving while Sport mode is not.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
What's different about the sport mode vs fully on and fully off?

When TC is on, you only get 3° of yaw before TC starts trying to bring you back to center. TC off gives you 3° of yaw also, but allows more wheel spin when within that 3° range. In Sport Mode, you get 7° of yaw, aggressive wheel spin within that 7° and also, the steering is un-dampened like when AdvanceTrac is completely off. AdvanceTrac completely off is like having no TC at all. It's the only setting that allows you to do wild ass donuts and 180° smoking turn-arounds. This is what was told me by a Ford Field Rep and what I've experienced in my own 2011 GT.

Thing is, all of that changed for 2013 (I think. May have started with the 2012's) model year. TC off lets you do long ass burnouts and donuts without having to wait those long seconds with the brake and TC depressed to turn off AdvanceTrac.

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
But the other cars he's going to hit aint :highfive:

You you telling him to not drive like a dick makes it better ??

OP before you kill your self or somebody, either take some advanced driving classes and learn how to handle your car, or calm down and remember it's a earth moving mustang with 11 million whp^2.

Or just find a vacant lot, read your damn owners manual, and explore the world of TC /AT off. Or as I like to call it, FULL RETARD!

Brought to you by tapatalk; 70k fuck yeah.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
When TC is on, you only get 3° of yaw before TC starts trying to bring you back to center. TC off gives you 3° of yaw also, but allows more wheel spin when within that 3° range. In Sport Mode, you get 7° of yaw, aggressive wheel spin within that 7° and also, the steering is un-dampened like when AdvanceTrac is completely off. AdvanceTrac completely off is like having no TC at all. It's the only setting that allows you to do wild ass donuts and 180° smoking turn-arounds. This is what was told me by a Ford Field Rep and what I've experienced in my own 2011 GT.

Thing is, all of that changed for 2013 (I think. May have started with the 2012's) model year. TC off lets you do long ass burnouts and donuts without having to wait those long seconds with the brake and TC depressed to turn off AdvanceTrac.

I would guess there's something changed with the 2013 model as I think I achieved a bit more than 3 degrees yaw with the TC on. Thanks for the additional information about setting sport mode. I thought I'd read in the manual there was a way to disable advance track and/or TC with additional button presses. All my button seems to do is turn on and off the TC, regardless of how many times I tap it or how long I hold it. I must have missed the part about holding the brake pedal.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
fdjizm only abuses his car at the track where there is no chance of hitting a pedestrian or another vehicle. You on the other hand were driving on public streets. I'm telling your mom on you.....

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
That's pretty funny coming from a guy with a photo of his car smoking the rear tires in his sig line...........

yea... at the track :roflmao:

You you telling him to not drive like a dick makes it better ??

OP before you kill your self or somebody, either take some advanced driving classes and learn how to handle your car, or calm down and remember it's a earth moving mustang with 11 million whp^2.

Or just find a vacant lot, read your damn owners manual, and explore the world of TC /AT off. Or as I like to call it, FULL RETARD!

Brought to you by tapatalk; 70k fuck yeah.

No it doesn't make it better, but it feels good that I said it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back