UPR motor mounts??

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
My headers came in and I'm going to be installing them soon and since I'm going to have the motor mounts out I figured I'd put some lower motor mounts in as I may do the Cobra Jet Manifold setup on this car and that's the only way the intake will clear the hood.

Are you guys using the UPR mounts, do they lower the motor enough or are there others that everybody is using to gain the clearance as mentioned??

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I used the steeda HD eng mounts. That was what was recommended by JBA LT install manual. They allow for stock eng height, or 1/4 - 1/2 - 3/4 drop. I used the 1/4 drop option. That was done so my steeda stb had a bit more clearance over the intake tube feeding the tb, bolted to the blower elbow.

Watch out though, go too low and the primary tube #8 on driver's side will rub against the steering shaft. That all depends on LT brand etc. eng is way more rigid now vs oem ford 'hyrdra' gel mounts. When u stomp on the gas.... eng wants to lower on drivers side..and lift on pass side. With the new eng mounts, it doesn't budge, or barely at all. On my 2010, steeda provided extra bushings too. The black ones are stiffer durometer vs the red ones.

so ended up with black one at bottom on drivers side..and red one on top on drivers side. And a red one on bottom of pass side....and a black one on top on pass side. The GT-500 cars all get 4 x black ones, 2 per side.

Back