Who has had this problem? and how to fix it?

Goldcomet

Reaction score
I've seen people give up on glue and use screws to hold interior pieces in place. Look at a hardware store and see if you could find screw heads with a satin finish to match the dash (if you have a 1up interior upgrade dash) and run them in an even pattern on both doors. It's not for everyone, but just a thought before you spend $3-400.

Rypper1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shit my driver's door just started doing it. So far I haven't tried any glue yet because I am going to take it back to the dealer since it is still under warranty. Hopefully they will replace the door panel instead of trying to just glue it back in place. Not sure if the humidity is what causes it or just the heat breaking down the glue. I'm from south Louisiana too. 1/4 mile from TPS, might ask them about it.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't have mine on anymore....trying an experiment....my car is there right now getting a tune and a 4R70W....

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
Mine did it and I did both of them this week. I did one and it came out "ok" but I had Interiors limited on Choctaw do the drivers side and it came out perfect!!
It was $120.00 out the door and worth it.

Wes

forum member
Reaction score
I see this a LOT on the S197s down here! It's gotta be the heat/humidity.

Wes

P.S. I will ask Zach our paint/body/interior guru about a potential fix. There's also a very nice custom interior place on Antioch that could fix them up.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok I had this same issue in my 05... fixed it the next day with gorilla glue and it's been fine for months now. Why is this perplexing so many people to the point of spending hundreds of dollars????

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
a local guy to me had the same issue,he used contact cement and they turned out great.

as far as the plastic rivets go on the back side, you can find some fat screws at the hardware store that will fit the and use a big washer.

SleeptGT904

forum member
Reaction score
I've been procrastinating doing this to my car for a while. I was fortunate enough due to an accident that my passenger door got fixed for free, but now it is starting to bubble and a small piece on the bottom pop out. I got pissed and took the whole driver side door off a few weeks ago cause that was so annoying getting in and out of the car. Now there is that little flakes of foam type material getting all over my car on the inside. I've read numerous threads about glue, but I don't think it'll hold up and I have to get it just right.

Does anyone know any places that do custom door inserts? Thinking of doing like Ford Racing Blue suede.

Kadorja

FNG
Reaction score
My car in Florida had been doing that a lot in the heat. I put both sides back on once with some adhesive from advance auto but it falls right back down after a while. Its usually best to make sure all the old crappy glue is scraped off and put a nice even layer on both the door and fabric and make sure you get every edge covered. Wait till its nice and tacky and slowly but firmly press it into place.

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
i had the problem too, but i took to a shop and got it done,,

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 45

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
There is a post on here , with step by step DIY instructions. Your should look it up.

SleeptGT904

forum member
Reaction score
There is a post on here , with step by step DIY instructions. Your should look it up.

I'm just my self not very good with fabric type stuff. Installed my SC, injectors, gt500 twin fuel pumps, but I'm not good with interior type stuff. The mechanical is easy for me. I wanted to see if there were any other alternatives but doesn't look like it. It won't have that "assembly line" look. It'll just annoy the shit out of me if it is even slightly off. So I think I'll have it done by a company. Any recommendations ?

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
have a shop here locally that redo these all the time...They told me they have done tons of Mustangs for the same reason...South Humidity sucks! oh, and your shop sucks...if they were good, they could do it

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back